Problem after changing Prop and Bore Sleeve

I have a 2016 Mercury 115 four stroke. I changed the prop with the same one that was on it, Spitfire 13 x 17 and installed new bore sleeve. Right after getting on plane something happened. Hard to explain but might of been cavitation. Was like it was spinning freely. Shut it down and looked at prop. Tried again and same thing. After that it worked fine. I am at a loss? Might be just me but it seems motor louder now.
    Last edited by brian_tr; 07-13-2022 at 12:33 PM.

2. #FRB
    Are you talking about that white plastic looking thing that clicks in the bore and goes around the prop? If so, it might not have clicked in there good and you won't know for sure until you pull the prop and check. I know for a fact the replacement I bought for my 75hp (same gear case as yours) isn't as tight around the prop because the prop spins up faster and is a rocket out of the hole. What you're describing sounds like that sleeve clicked out of place then got back in enough to function good enough. And yes the motor IS louder without the bore sleeve in there or even just loose and sketchy as all hell to drive without one too.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    It seem to snap in good but I will pull prop and check. Thanks.

4. Member
    Sounds like it wasn't tight enough.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    Sounds like it wasn't tight enough.
    You just push in until snaps right? No orientation?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian_tr View Post
    You just push in until snaps right? No orientation?
    His talking about the prop nut. You torque to spec?

7. Member
    Pulled prop off and Bore Sleeve was in place. Not sure what happened? Put back together and use Torque wrench. 55 put in on the point of the nut. Went to about 65 to get where I could get the tabs on the nut.

8. Member
    I'm running an X7, too. I run at hole #3 and I don't have to trim it very much to get the boat trimmed out.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver