Back for more prop help

I posted a question a few months ago about a prop for my 2015 tracker 190tx with a 115 mercury proxs 2 stroke,. So I ended up buying a solas titan h4,13.25x 19 4 blade,and immediately I noticed a little bit of pulling to the right and minor vibration,fast foward to last week I took off the stock steering helm and installed a tilt helm on my rotary steering because the steering wheel was so close I hit my knuckles on the gauges,now I have severe vibration and when getting on plane the boat pulls to the right so bad I am white knuckling to keep the boat straight,yesturday I decided to put the stock 3 blade aluminum prop 13x21p back on and I got no vibration and very little pull,but I did lose 7 mph ,with the 4 blade ss I was running wot 5300rpm at 52mph full tourn load and 3/4 fuel. Even myself (250 lb) and a partner 275) I was running 49 to 50,and with alum I got 43 top end,I have not hit anything with the ss 4 blade ,can I get some ideas what is causing the vibration an pulling out of nowhere????

I don’t have a complete answer but Ran several props on a 115 Optimax over an 8 year period.
    From my experience:
    1) The 115 ProXS has a lot of “prop rattle” which typically is only noticeable at idle. Mercury recommends a Flo-Torq III prop hub on all the 3 cylinder motors. This hub has about 1/8 inch lateral movement that helps with the prop rattle. If the vibration stops once on plane, it may be related to having a heavy prop with a solid hub. It is better with the aluminum prop because it is lighter.
    2) As for torque steer, you may be able to affect it by rotating the torque tab located on the cavitation plate just above the prop. Does it go away as you trim up after getting on plane? If not, adjusting the torque tab should help.
    3) The difference in speed between the aluminum and SS is related to the shape of the blade. The SS has more cup. It is also said that the aluminum flexes under load, but that is not something I can observe.
    I tried several props over the 700 hour period I had the Optimax but by far the best on my Ranger was a 20 inch LaserII. I have since re-powered to a 115 four stroke and still have the same prop, but had It re-pitched to 19 inches to get my RPM’S up.
    Hope this helps

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

If you are vibrating and the issue happened right after installing the Solas prop then it sounds like the Solas prop is out of balance and the issue is due to poor quality control.

Torque steer will require you adjusting the trim tab as mentioned. That is just something you will need to experiment with.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    22P 3 blade Tempest Plus propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

4. Member
    How can I get the prop tested to see if it is out of balance? Also I an running the flo torg hub in both props

5. Member
    Try removing and rotate 90 degrees at a time to see if there is any change.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Might want to send that Solas prop back. If the problem started when that prop was installed you have your smoking gun. That said, I've had amazing results with the Powertech nrs3 on my Tracker hull but it's only a 175 with the 75hp.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

7. Member
    Well after looking closer at the 4 blade I noticed the solid rubber hub that was in it moved about 1/4 inch and was out of the groove,so I took the solid rubber hub out and I'm gonna try it today with a flo torque hub and see if there is any difference if not then I will send the prop out to be balanced. Because it has been too long for me to send it back because I purchased it in Feb but didn't actually run it till late March. I'll post an update after I'm off the water

8. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    If push comes to shove hopefully a good prob bender can get you fixed up.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

9. Member
    OK here is what I found yesterday, after putting the flo torque in the 4 blade the vibration was 98% gone, but I still had the hard pull to the right even after setting the tab as far right as possible but once it was on plane and straight the steering did not pull,( I can live with that once on plane) now the bad when I tried the motor up to get the boat levels out I hit one spot that got down right freaky scary the rear of the boat would jerk hard left when I hit the slightest of a wave very dangerous to say the least I don't know if I have to set the height down a bit or what but I did hit 54 mph at 5600 rpm ,I also noticed the motor was alot louder than with the alum prop on,next Tuesday I will video it when I'm out,I forgot my phone that's why I don't have it now,so at this point I'm convinced this prop is the wrong one for my boat and I'm thinking of going to a 3 blades lazer 2 22p and see what that does or is that too big of a pitch

10. Member
    I have a 21" Solas 3 blade that came on the boat. Same issue as yours. Thought that dang thing was going to twist my arm off! Got a 20" Laser II, but it hasn't been used since I got the X7 Spitfire. You won't be able to turn the 22" Laser and your hole shot will suck. With the lifting surface at the back of the 190, the X7 would be amazing at hole #3.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1pabassman View Post
    I posted a question a few months ago about a prop for my 2015 tracker 190tx with a 115 mercury proxs 2 stroke,. So I ended up buying a solas titan h4,13.25x 19 4 blade,and immediately I noticed a little bit of pulling to the right and minor vibration,fast foward to last week I took off the stock steering helm and installed a tilt helm on my rotary steering because the steering wheel was so close I hit my knuckles on the gauges,now I have severe vibration and when getting on plane the boat pulls to the right so bad I am white knuckling to keep the boat straight,yesturday I decided to put the stock 3 blade aluminum prop 13x21p back on and I got no vibration and very little pull,but I did lose 7 mph ,with the 4 blade ss I was running wot 5300rpm at 52mph full tourn load and 3/4 fuel. Even myself (250 lb) and a partner 275) I was running 49 to 50,and with alum I got 43 top end,I have not hit anything with the ss 4 blade ,can I get some ideas what is causing the vibration an pulling out of nowhere????

OK here is what I found yesterday, after putting the flo torque in the 4 blade the vibration was 98% gone, but I still had the hard pull to the right even after setting the tab as far right as possible but once it was on plane and straight the steering did not pull,( I can live with that once on plane) now the bad when I tried the motor up to get the boat levels out I hit one spot that got down right freaky scary the rear of the boat would jerk hard left when I hit the slightest of a wave very dangerous to say the least I don't know if I have to set the height down a bit or what but I did hit 54 mph at 5600 rpm ,I also noticed the motor was alot louder than with the alum prop on,next Tuesday I will video it when I'm out,I forgot my phone that's why I don't have it now,so at this point I'm convinced this prop is the wrong one for my boat and I'm thinking of going to a 3 blades lazer 2 22p and see what that does or is that too big of a pitch
    Is that GPS speed? Something is certainly off with your numbers the 115 Optimax has a 2.07 gear ratio, when you factor that in with a 19" pitch prop 52 MPH at 5300 RPM comes out to -13% prop slip and 54 MPH at 5600 RPM comes out to -11% prop slip, both of those numbers are physically impossible, you can't have a negative prop slip and 10% or less is considered excellent.