Towing/Vehicle Question

Hey guys, don't beat me up if I'm asking a really dumb question. I've been kayak fishing for the last several years and am looking to buy my first boat. I'm looking at a Fisher 1700 with a 50hp Mercury on it. I'm currently driving a 2015 Dodge Grand caravan rated to tow up to 3,600 lbs. The vehicle has front wheel drive so my question is will I be able to put a boat into the lake with my current vehicle or am I an idiot... The seller says the boat, motor, and trailer weight 900 lbs.

Thanks

2. Member
    It will tow that boat fine. Had a friend who towed with one for years and he’d brag about how well it came up the ramp because of the front wheel drive.
    That boat is probably around 1800 Lbs +- with everything.

3. Member
    You should have no problem with that combination. Ordinarilly I dislike FWD for pulling a boat up a ramp but the tongue weight on that combo shouldn't create an issue for you..
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Thanks for the input guys. Hoping I can make this boat work for myself and the family!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The boat alone weighs 900 lbs., perfect-storm’s total number should be very close. You will be fine.

I would try it and see. Not a good time to buy another vehicle. I will note that I have seen FWD vehicles have trouble on some ramps in Florida. I think the weight of your rig is light enough that you should be fine.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA