Shallow water anchor fit normal garage?

Got a ranger Z 521 and a normal height garage door that I would like it to fit in without having to fold them down every time. Thoughts? Appreciate the help
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Do you mean you have the retractable bracket and you don't want to fold them down or are you talking about having to deploy them a bit to get them in?

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    So normal height garage door is 8 foot most every bass boat will fit 8 ft ples under a 8 ft door with no semi deployment if you go to 10 ft you will have to semi deploy. I run a ranger and only have to semi deploy on a 7 foot dooe for about a inch.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 07-12-2022 at 12:37 PM.

4. Member
    Normal garage door height is only 7ft. I had 10ft talons on a boat that would fit.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cstamets View Post
    Normal garage door height is only 7ft. I had 10ft talons on a boat that would fit.
    must be different standards most garages being built around here have 8 ft doors if not on like a raised ranch home.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Do you mean you have the retractable bracket and you don't want to fold them down or are you talking about having to deploy them a bit to get them in?
    I want to avoid having to fold them down each time. Leaning toward talons since it seems they might be the same height as my sho

Depends on your garage door height, your driveway angle, etc.

My pro series II poles don't clear by about an inch so I have to bump mine down a button press and they are good.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    Depends on your garage door height, your driveway angle, etc.

My pro series II poles don't clear by about an inch so I have to bump mine down a button press and they are good.
    Thanks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    must be different standards most garages being built around here have 8 ft doors if not on like a raised ranch home.
    Thanks for the help over the phone!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cstamets View Post
    Great to hear

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Thanks for the help over the phone!
    very welcome was nice speaking with you looking to do business in the future.

12. Member
    I have a 7ft door, and 8ft poles. I just made sure mine when mounted were slid down on the jackplate, instead of high in it. There is clearance on the pp mounts with the slot to either be top or bottom or middle. I put mine as low as they would go. Clears my 7ft door by about 3 inches.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    I have a 7ft door, and 8ft poles. I just made sure mine when mounted were slid down on the jackplate, instead of high in it. There is clearance on the pp mounts with the slot to either be top or bottom or middle. I put mine as low as they would go. Clears my 7ft door by about 3 inches.
    while you can do this you have to worry about them dragging on plane , not everyone will be able to accomplish this , Normal install heght on all are installs are slid all the way up then dropped down about an inch.

14. Member
    I've had PP and now have Raptors, 7' door. I've always just brought the remote in the truck and deploy them a little when I get to the door and bring them back up after it clears.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    while you can do this you have to worry about them dragging on plane , not everyone will be able to accomplish this , Normal install heght on all are installs are slid all the way up then dropped down about an inch.
    I was wondering about this as well - if it works seems like a great solution to gain a few extra inches of clearance for the garage door. But, I was also warned about placing them too low - as best case they would likely dig when turning on plane, worst case dig all the time on plane.

Not sure if there is a way to know for sure, I guess you could look at existing install while running and see how far they are out of the water somehow...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 07-22-2022 at 12:19 PM.

16. Member
    Good info guys. Thanks

seems like alot of dependent factors would come into play. My nitro with power poles does not fit under a 7ft standard garage door. Have to deploy them to get the boat in.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team