Thread: Back to Basics.

Back to Basics.

The Senko still rules when it comes to big fish on the Yough. Slow, then slow then even slower. Texas Rig. Or you can just catch bass,but not the big ones. Use that senko.

20220711_152728.jpg
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 07-12-2022 at 08:02 AM.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member
    Very nice John. Been fishing cold side of Anna lately and it’s pretty slow.

3. Member
    I was hoping to make it back down but a few things came up. The most important is my wife. Her cancer may have returned. We will know what we are dealing with tomorrow. I'm suppose to have thumb joint surgery this Friday. Depending on my wife I might delay it. Maybe if all things work out we can plan a fall trip for you to come north to the Yough. Great to hear from you.

4. Member
    Beautiful fish!

5. Member
    I will keep your wife and you in my prayers hope everything works out well

6. Member
    Well we got bad news. My wife is scheduled for surgery next Thursday. It is in her bladder. My wife had breast cancer that resulted in a double mastectomy after 26 weeks of chemo in 2018. As with the breast cancer they appear to have found it early. Which is great news. We are not shocked. As I always say we will take the good times and deal with the bad. There is no other choice.

I have shut down my fishing for the next several months. Time is precious and frankly I really love my wife. As before I will be beside her every step of the way with no distractions. I had actually reduced my fishing over the past month as she kept going through many different tests.

We will be OK, i ask you save your prayers for those people who are worse off than us. Thanks.

7. Member
    Regardless, prayers for both of you.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

8. Member
    Just a little update. The surgery went well. The doctor confirmed it was cancer. He then treated her bladder with a chemo solution. He is sure after an hour and half that he cleared all signs of cancer and it did not go into the bladder wall. He is pretty sure it is the less aggressive cancer. However we have to wait a few days for the pathology report.

We both knew that she could have a second fight with cancer. I'm exhausted, but she is dead spent today. We understand where this road can go. There are three simple truths. You can beat it, you can fight it for years or you die. It's not a time to spend worrying what your going to do tomorrow. You simply get out of bed and live your life, maybe a little more fuller. You don't spend time on saying why us. Yes I am a 5 year survivor and my wife is 4 years from her orginal breast cancer.

So the sun will come up tomorrow. There are far more people worse off than us so send them your prayers. Thanks for your time.