New smoker offset , reverse flow etc

Got a msterbuilt electric and Weber Smokey mountain. But I’m thinking of getting an offset , or reverse flow etc. any decent smokers for say under 1500? Thanks

2. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Old Country BBQ Pits Brazos is your best bet. It’s made entirely of 1/4” thick steel. Last I looked they were $1200 or so. It was my first offset and I did some great BBQ on it. Now I have a 24x48 Rockin W Smoker on golf cart wheels. Love my offset! No better taste than real wood fire smoked meats.

https://www.academy.com/p/old-countr...-brazos-smoker
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

3. Member
    Thanks- I seen review by max scientist That’ll probably be the one I get- I’m on wait list for a Franklin and if I don’t do well with cheaper model I’ll cancel out on the Franklin

4. Moderator
    Nothing better than cooking on an off-set smoker.

5. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Thanks- I seen review by max scientist That’ll probably be the one I get- I’m on wait list for a Franklin and if I don’t do well with cheaper model I’ll cancel out on the Franklin
    They take time to learn how to run. All of them are different. The Brazos is best run by keeping a hot small fire. Cut your splits down smaller keep your temp where you want it.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichPhoenix77 View Post
    Old Country BBQ Pits Brazos is your best bet. It’s made entirely of 1/4” thick steel. Last I looked they were $1200 or so. It was my first offset and I did some great BBQ on it. Now I have a 24x48 Rockin W Smoker on golf cart wheels. Love my offset! No better taste than real wood fire smoked meats.

https://www.academy.com/p/old-countr...-brazos-smoker
    I was going to buy one of those but then I noticed the lid was not 1/4". It's 3/16". Neither are the sides but I knew that.