2016 115 Mercury CT Engine Hesitation Twitching Issues

Greetings! My 2016 Suntracker Pontoon Mercury 115 Command Thrust Outboard (Motor Ser #: 2B381669) is having hesitation / twitching issues.

I initially had a starting issue but after switching out the IAC valve (thanks Don Weed!) , the engine starts like a champ. However, when I'm out on the water the engine began to occasionally have a hesitation....almost like the boat hit something underneath. It is difficult to explain and I know it sounds odd, but like something grabs the boat for a split second. I know…that sounds odd.
    Then a couple rides later it was a little more so settle hiccups where the engine would quickly twitch to the left when it hiccupped, and you'd feel it in the boat. Speed doesn't seem to matter as it does it at higher and low speeds. The last trip it almost felt like when you're running out of gas, but there's nearly a 1/2 tank of gas. The engine never stalled. The gas has been treated with Seafoam and Stabil. The fuel filter has been replaced.

Any ideas please?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    How many hours on this engine currently?

When were the spark plugs last replaced? THAT would be a good starting point, especially considering the IAC problem that occurred.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I am second owner (18 months). I asked org owner and he said never replaced....that is where I will start. Thanks!

4. Member
    Hello - it turned out to be the spark plugs. What a relief. THANKS AGAIN!!

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gotta love it when a little simple maintenance is the cure.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor