Square bill blanks

Who sells the best square bill blanks in .5 and 1.0 versions? I will need 5 or 6 of each for my winter painting time
    Thanks for the help
    T

2. Member
    Monitoring for the answer.

Allen

Anyone ever try backwater outfitting for blanks? They have the 1.0 size
    Last edited by TerrysRanger374V; 07-13-2022 at 06:16 AM.

4. Member
    1.0 - https://www.getbitcustombaits.com/ I drill a hole in them and remove the rattles and then close it off with epoxy myself.

0.5 - https://dingerbaits.com/ Dinger used to have the exact copy of the LC 0.5 but he is currently not selling. I have not found a replacement.

5. Member
    I would order a couple from get bit, and a couple from backwater or sugar tits, or another supplier you may be familiar with. That way you could evaluate them, and see what you think. I wouldn’t get them off Amazon. I forgot one, Predator lures usually have good blanks.

6. Member
    I have ordered from all the mentioned suppliers. Predator has good blanks. On Amazon you never know what you are getting. Nothing worse than putting a great paint job on a bait and having it fill with water. Go over to TackleUnderground in the hard baits section and I think they have a pinned list of blank suppliers.

Dinger always had high quality blanks, and was my number 1 for square bills, but unfortunately closed his business.

7. Member
    I've always gotten good blanks from Predator. I think that's where I bought my S-Crank blanks that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    I have ordered from all the mentioned suppliers. Predator has good blanks. On Amazon you never know what you are getting. Nothing worse than putting a great paint job on a bait and having it fill with water. Go over to TackleUnderground in the hard baits section and I think they have a pinned list of blank suppliers.

Dinger always had high quality blanks, and was my number 1 for square bills, but unfortunately closed his business.

I have always taken the blanks I was gonna paint and put hardware on them and go try them in the water. I place any that leak or do not run right in a bag. Those I just use as practice to paint and then give them away as keychains etc.

A good finish clear will waterproof the bait. I never put in the water before they get clear coated.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    A good finish clear will waterproof the bait. I never put in the water before they get clear coated.
    I want to see how they run with hardware on them. Not all blanks are created equal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I want to see how they run with hardware on them. Not all blanks are created equal to me.
    That is true... After I paint and finish a "mass of baits" I weed out the key chains.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

12. Member

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrysRanger374V View Post
    Anyone ever try backwater outfitting for blanks? They have the 1.0 size
    I have ordered a few times from them. Everything was good quality and shipped fast.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtranger View Post
    I have ordered a few times from them. Everything was good quality and shipped fast.
    They have always delivered good blanks to me, quick on getting them to me also.