Thread: AVID 20 XB

AVID 20 XB

Going to look at an Avid 20 XB this week. Anyone know of a reason why NOT to buy an Avid boat. I have seen the multiple hull cracks on the Vexus tins and Avid seems more refined than Xpress.

2. Member
    They can all crack. I have been in all the brand owner groups on facebook for a while just to see how they compared to what I have (198p). My hull cracked and I was back on the water in a week. It's usually something on the outside that can be taken care of quickly and back to it. That said, Avid's look very nice. I wouldn't call them refined though. They have only been around for 2 years. Vexus not much longer. Xpress has been around a long time. I always say buy what you like and go fishing. Going to have issues with any boat you get at some point.
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

3. Member
    Marshman Masson is an outdoor writer and Youtube guy. He fishes in the LA Marsh and some small east LA rivers. He got a 20XB last year and has been very high on it. I would definitely take a strong look at it. Manufactured in MS.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

4. Member
    Well, having looked and studied an Xpress X21 up close and personal I certainly wouldn't call it "less refined."

However, having studied the Avid's from afar and in pretty great detail they certainly look to be a fantastic boat. Whatever you decide to do I wouldn't buy anything until I'd crawled all over one and taken a good test run....if it could be arranged. I'd also read the fineprint on the guarantees.

Love my new 2022 20XB with the new SHO. Large decks and plenty of storage.
    I have had most of them, some are just better than others.