Question Frog Double Hooks

I am fishing the new Z-Man Toadz with a 3/0 & 4/0 EWG hook. My hook up ratio sux as I am getting many blow ups on it. I am thinking going to a frog double hook. My regular frog hooks are to wide and I don’t want to bend them in. I have been looking for a double frog hook that is not WIDE GAP but can’t seem to find what I am looking for.
    any suggestions for a double hook that will work on my Toads and a Rage Bug?????
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

2. Member
    Just bend them.I bend frog hooks out all the time.

I've not fished that bait, but I have fished a lot of Elaztech baits. They do not play well with EWGs, I think due to the angle of the hook point aiming right back at the eye of the hook combined with how stretchy the plastic is. The hook doesn't rip out like it will with normal soft plastic, so the bait ends up balling up really often, almost like we've all experienced when fishing a tube. If I were you I'd try sticking your favorite straight shank in it, the same one you probably would use to flip heavy cover. I'm confident the bait will float it without issue, and I bet your hookups will skyrocket. You might find it keels a little more reliabily too due to the straight shank putting extra mass under the bait vs an EWG.

I suspect the new Owner Haymaker style EWG would work better than a standard style if you really want an EWG, but I don't know about the strength of those as I haven't had a chance to try them yet.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I bent them and works OK for me
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex