Disable popup for connecting to the Lowrance App

Earlier this year I updated my Carbons to 22.1 and keep getting the pop-up at start up to connect to the Lowrance App. Is there a way to permanently disable this pop-up without messing with the app? I have no desire to download it on my phone or create an account that will just result in more spam going to my email address. I thought if I hit the not now option, eventually it would stop, but it's been several months now and getting increasingly annoying.

2. Member
    You may not want the app and that is ok. But I'd do a little research before dismissing it out of hand. You don't get any spam mail because of it. The app allows you to back up all the data on your units to your phone, you can check for software updates, register your devices, and mirror your device on your phone. There is a Lowrance app and a Link app. I have both and have never got a bit of email related to them. I would think it would go away after awhile if you have registered your device. I'd at least try a hard reset (recommended after a software update anyway) and see if that doesn't stop it from appearing.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    After a few times, mine gave me the option to stop future notification.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

4. Member
    Do you have other items that may be in need of an update, such as StructureScan3D, Ghost Trolling motor, Active Target, etc?
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Everything was registered when new, and there is a SS3D system that was also updated to the latest software when I updated the Carbons.

6. Member
    I guess I am not clear about your question...are you seeing the popup question on your Carbon that asks if you want to register it? If so just complete the registration on the unit (even if you already had done so) and the setup wizard and it should then not come up again.

Registration does not update units, and even brand new units often need updates. I recently received a brand new HDS LIVE-16 that was not updated to 22.1. Often updates come out after a unit was manufactured, boxed, and shipped. Compare your software versions to what is currently available on the Lowrance website.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    The reply in post #5 was a combined reply to your post and post #2 where a different member mentioned using the app to register the units. The pop up I'm seeing is referenced in the original post and is about connecting to the Lowrance app which I have no need to do, other than to get the pop up to go away. Both my units on the boat have been through at least 60 power cycles since I updated the software so I've lost hope that it will eventually go away on its own.

8. Member
    Possibly go to Pages, Settings, and open the Phone or Wifi sections. Turn off everything associated with a phone. If it can't connect to the phone, it may night want to connect to the app.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    A screenshot or at least a picture of the message might help resolve the issue. This is certainly not something you have to live with. And saving your waypoints then doing a hard reset is always a good starting point to resolving issues.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    I get the same message. When I power up my Live unit I get the Lowrance splash screen. The following screen is a full window asking me o connect my phone to the Lowrance App. I have tried many times and my phone will not pair. I would prefer the window not come up but if I remember correctly the only option is to try to pair your phone or hit not not. I installed the Live in Sept and use the boat almost every weekend and it still comes up every time the unit is booted up. I have not tried the following:

Possibly go to Pages, Settings, and open the Phone or Wifi sections. Turn off everything associated with a phone. If it can't connect to the phone, it may night want to connect to the app.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebradybunch View Post
    I get the same message. When I power up my Live unit I get the Lowrance splash screen. The following screen is a full window asking me o connect my phone to the Lowrance App...
    Are you talking about this window? Just check the box
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Yup, if that is what you are seeing just check the box to not see it again. If that is not your popup you are talking about then please show what you are seeing so we can help.
    ciao,
    Marc

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    Are you talking about this window? Just check the box
    Funny you post that now. Today I powered up the unit and just let it sit on that screen for about 2 minutes without touching anything, and then that text appeared after the wait. So problem solved, but that was pretty devious on the Lowrance side to program in a delay. Maybe my units just run slow at startup trying to load my custom maps. And I have never paired my units to any device with wifi or Bluetooth or whatever else they might do.

So thanks everyone for the input here.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    Funny you post that now...
    My age allows philosophical approach to this issue.

"We, Russians and Americans, will live happily ever after, and if we die, then on the same day."))

15. Member
    To make matters worse, I couldn't even follow the instructions to register as it takes you to a non-secure website that my phone would allow.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS