Bass Pro & National Fish Habitat Partnership Grant Awarded

Bass Pro Shops and National Fish Habitat Partnership Grant Awarded for Fish Habitat in Northern Arkansas
    The Northwest (District 1) and North-central (District 2) districts were recently awarded a $275,000 fish habitat grant from National Fish Habitat Partnership and Bass Pro Shops. The National Fish Habitat Partnership received 30 highly competitive proposals from across the U.S. The Partnership funded nine projects totaling nearly $1.6 million established through proceeds from the Bass Pro Shops U.S. Open Amateur Bass Fishing Championships held in 2021. Our grant, which received the most funding, will focus on establishing and replenishing Beaver, Bull Shoals, and Norfork Lakes' natural fish habitats (brush piles) over the next 17 months. In addition, we will use the funds to purchase large, specialized equipment to improve our efficiency when creating brush piles, which will enhance the AGFC’s efforts to combat the long-term effects of declining habitat in our aging reservoirs.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Congrats and thanks for the hard work! This is truly awesome for the state fisheries!

Heck yeah! Great Work. Be sure and drop the coordinates of every brush pile!
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

4. Member
    That excerpt was a message I received from the AGFC district supervisor Jeremy. I didn't have anything to do with it.
    Just passing along the info from the AGFC. Great work by them. Sorry for the confusion.

Good stuff. This winter AGFC was putting new brush piles in Beaver, I don't think it was part of this initiative mentioned above, so even more will be great!

6. Member
    Great news , Jeremy is doing a great job .

7. Member
    I’d love to get involved with this. We’ve got a few substantial ponds here that were Smallmouth heaven and nearly as good largemouth. In the past ten yrs they seem to have diminished immensely.