How is the fishing in the Stevenson city park area of Guntersville?

In my search for homes near lake Guntersville I found a home in Stevenson a town I know nothing about. I know I can drive to many different parts of the lake easily but would also like to be very close to fishable water 85% for those weekday 3 hour trips. There seems to be a large backwater off the crow creek channel. Can anyone comment on the fishing as well as the town. My other areas are Arab, Scottsboro, Guntersville, and some of the small towns inside of them.
    Thanks guys.

2. Member
    As I am sure you know Stevenson is way up Guntersville Lake. Nothing wrong with that but fishing is going to be much different than most of Guntersville Lake. Just make sure you dig in and fully understand the fishing, the water conditions, and how EVERYTHING can change with a big rain event and/or heavy current.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    As I am sure you know Stevenson is way up Guntersville Lake. Nothing wrong with that but fishing is going to be much different than most of Guntersville Lake. Just make sure you dig in and fully understand the fishing, the water conditions, and how EVERYTHING can change with a big rain event and/or heavy current.
    I have been to g-ville nine years in a row for about 5 days each trip but we always fish goose pond south. Is there a big difference?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I have been to g-ville nine years in a row for about 5 days each trip but we always fish goose pond south. Is there a big difference?
    yes

5. Member
    Not a whole lot in Stevenson. One grocery store. Couple of fast food resturants. Few gas stations. You’ll have to drive to scottsboro or kimball/south Pittsburg for most everything. Crow creek is really shallow backwater. Best ramp close is at the 117 bridge or mud creek
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Not a whole lot in Stevenson. One grocery store. Couple of fast food resturants. Few gas stations. You’ll have to drive to scottsboro or kimball/south Pittsburg for most everything. Crow creek is really shallow backwater. Best ramp close is at the 117 bridge or mud creek
    I appreciate the info. I figured there had to be a reason nobody really talks about this fishing or the living there.

7. Member
    You would be closer to nickajack and chickamauga which isn’t a bad thing.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

8. Member
    It’s tricky but I have caught nice smallmouth around Bridgeport and South Pittsburgh but that is a huge learning scale and a fall thing.

If I were coming from out of state I would fish between Seibolt Creek and Comer Bridge.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    It’s tricky but I have caught nice smallmouth around Bridgeport and South Pittsburgh but that is a huge learning scale and a fall thing.

If I were coming from out of state I would fish between Seibolt Creek and Comer Bridge.
    I'm familiar with Seibold creek and marina but am not clear on the Corner bridge.

10. Member
    Comer bridge is Hwy 35 bridge crossing at Scottsbough. Seibolt to Comer is middle lake fishing IMO.