So you want the sweetest sweet corn!!!!!!

Unfortunately most of you will never ever get it. If you buy it from a store there is no chance. If you buy it from a road side stand it might be just a little better.

As soon as you pick corn it starts to change and not for the good.

So if you want the best sweet corn you ever ate then you have to grow it.

If you ever have the pleasure of picking a ripe ear of corn on a hot day you will be in heaven. As soon as you pick it, husk it and start eating. Yes no cooking or heating needed. It just doesn't get any better.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member
    I tried that once when I was drunk in college. Apparently sweet corn and cow corn are 2 different things...

My parents always planted a couple of acres of IO Chief sweet corn. We sold some but mostly was used for us. I remember picking corn, husking it on the way to the house and dropping it in boiling water. It truly is the best corn ever.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. mikesxpress
    Planting and growing your own corn is a PIA. If you manage to end up with a few ears after you get past the coons and other critters you may/may not have anything noteworthy to eat. We shop the rural roadside stands that are in front of the farm and get silver queen or peaches & cream for 25 cents an ear.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    I tried that once when I was drunk in college. Apparently sweet corn and cow corn are 2 different things...
    I went to college in Iowa and discovered the same thing.