Thread: Rocky Fork Lake

Rocky Fork Lake

Gas prices cancelling long distance travel to Tennessee/Alabama for our club tournaments and this lake was brought up as an alternative for one of our October/November tournament because of the grass. Is this a very good lake in general for weights/numbers, or should we keep looking? Will only have 11-12 boats. Thanks!

2. Member
    Probably best lake in Southern Ohio but does get lots of tournament pressure. But being later in year I'd say less with tournaments winding down and guys hunting.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyKiller View Post
    Gas prices cancelling long distance travel to Tennessee/Alabama for our club tournaments and this lake was brought up as an alternative for one of our October/November tournament because of the grass. Is this a very good lake in general for weights/numbers, or should we keep looking? Will only have 11-12 boats. Thanks!
    blanked in tournaments during that time frame and weighed in 18 lbs in that time frame-- can be awesome or terrible look here for some history

http://www.usabassin.com/modules.php...divisionID=377
    Last edited by mactlman; 07-08-2022 at 07:50 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Thanks for the info!

5. Member
    Probably best lake in Southern Ohio but does get lots of tournament pressure. But being later in year I'd say less with tournaments winding down and guys hunting.

6. Member
    Can be very good that time of year, and is certainly the best lake in this part of Ohio. With that being said it is still Ohio bass fishing. :)

7. Member
    The word out now is the lake will have work done to the dam after Labor Day and east shore marina ramp will be closed. I also had a local tell me the lake will be drawn down for this repair just not sure how low it will be takin down. If your going to have a tournament I would fill for a permit due to only two ramps that are really usable and there are a bunch of tournaments on schedule already.

as above stated it’s the best lake in southern Ohio
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

8. Member
    If they close east shore ramp and draw the lake down more than 2-3 ft there won't be a ramp to use. Everything else is silted in.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    If they close east shore ramp and draw the lake down more than 2-3 ft there won't be a ramp to use. Everything else is silted in.
    sail boat ramp should always be useful shouldn't it? behind restaurant? east and north shore too shallow for any draw down at all
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

10. Member
    That's what they call the east ramp. The big ramp behind the old restaurant. That's the one they'll close for the dam work.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    That's what they call the east ramp. The big ramp behind the old restaurant. That's the one they'll close for the dam work.
    so closing it to stop traffic flow likely not from water level? what does everyone call the east end 2 slot ramp that is so shallow??? we call the big tourney ramp the sailboat ramp and the far east 2 hole ramp the east ramp??? ?
    Last edited by mactlman; 07-13-2022 at 08:13 AM.
    MAGA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    The word out now is the lake will have work done to the dam after Labor Day and east shore marina ramp will be closed. I also had a local tell me the lake will be drawn down for this repair just not sure how low it will be takin down. If your going to have a tournament I would fill for a permit due to only two ramps that are really usable and there are a bunch of tournaments on schedule already.

as above stated it’s the best lake in southern Ohio
    I have to retract this statement I talked with the park office and they aren’t doing the repairs now and the ramp will remain open this summer/fall. I got the Usabassin third, fourth, fifth and regional moved back to the east shore marina ramp (sailboat ramp) this fall. The first fall Usabassin will still be from North shore and the second tournament will be at Paint creek (50 ramp).
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

13. Member
    MAGA