2022 Z20 Seat removal

Anyone know how to remove the seats on the new models? Seat is mounted to a plate that's flush mounted to the fiberglass. Doesn't appear the center of the back or butt of seat come off easily in order to access hardware.

2. Member
    Bottom of seat should come up
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    I can get the back of the bottom (in the crack) to lift some, but I dont want to get aggressive with it if there is a sequence that needs to happen. Lift & slide towards steering wheel etc or is it "snapped" type connection?

4. Member
    Is it on a slide? There is a long screw under seat by the track if it is.
    Rad Brewer

5. Member
    The newer ones are not on a slide, my intent is to put a slide bracket on this one once I figure out how to get the seat off. The Z21 is the only one that comes with a slide base now I believe. It wasnt an option when I ordered mine.

6. Member
    I thought I looked and seen either three or four screws in the front that needs to be removed and then it looks like the front lifts up and out of the slots for the rear.
    I could be wrong.

7. Member
    https://link.shutterfly.com/HAr5g1LTurb

https://link.shutterfly.com/9DAhcRQTurb

See if this will work, couldnt get the images to load inside the post.

8. Member
    I have a ‘22 Z20. The bottom seat cushion comes straight up. It is held on by 4 plastic pins. Underneath the cushion there are bolts holding the rest of seat on. Let me know if you find a slide bracket option that works. I’d like one, but my dealer told me that the factory slide bracket used in the Z21 will not work.

9. Member
    Pictures of seat removal
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    The slides work well when they work!! I have a 2021 Z21 and I’m a short feller 5’9”. The other day I went to get on pad and next thing I know, the slide slid back to the Shaquille O’Neal length Messed with it for several minutes and finally got it to stay where I needed it. Probably a spring was hanging up and not letting the slide lever to lock itself in place.

11. Member
    I ordered a low profile slide mount, like everything else the delivery is pretty long. I have an idea on how to mount/attach it all but will see how things go once it arrives. Main concern is if I have to drill new holes is to protect the gas tank.

12. Member
    Main concern is if I have to drill new holes is to protect the gas tank.

Might check how deep you need to drill then wrap drill bit with tape. That will stop the bit from going to deep.

13. Member
    So it is possible to get a slide mount installed on the Z20. The Springfield Part# 3100645, I believe it is what Nitro uses on the Z21 models from what I could tell.

I ordered mine from the website below.
    https://www.llebroc.com/product-p/spr-3100646-1.htm

My 2022 Z20 was already pre-drilled (4 holes) to accept the small mounting plate. I drilled qty 4 (1/4") holes in the existing seat mount plate. I used 1/4-20 x 3/4"L hardware and it fits perfectly under the slide. I countersunk the holes on the opposite side so they do not interfere with mounting the seat to original plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JThomson View Post
    I have a ‘22 Z20. The bottom seat cushion comes straight up. It is held on by 4 plastic pins. Underneath the cushion there are bolts holding the rest of seat on. Let me know if you find a slide bracket option that works. I’d like one, but my dealer told me that the factory slide bracket used in the Z21 will not work.
    Not sure what or if there size difference between the z20 and z21 seats are.. But I have 1 '22 z20 with the upgraded drivers seat. From what i can tell all they did was take the stock driver seat with factory slide and installed it on the passenger side, and flipped the grab handle. I actually only noticed that my passenger seat was adjustable b/c of this thread lol.