Need Help With Lowrance

I'm having a bunch of problems with my console unit (HDS 12 Carbon, new last year).

I just installed a 3D-SS Module, Transducer, and new ethernet cables to the console unit, and bow unit. It started out...no water temp on the console. Today, on the water, no side scan, and poor down scan.

I've gone thru the settings, and all the menus countless times in the garage for the last three days, and today on the water. Can't get the structure to work.

Is there someone on this forum that is very familiar with Lowrance (namely HDS 12 Carbon) that could give me a hand? I'm north of Elk River. Thanks!

Al

2. Member
    Got everything fixed, guys.

Glad you got it fixed, Al. You need to stay behind 4 generations of technology like me. Then you won't have those problems.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

4. Member
    I was there...L SS-1, and when that took a crap, I HAD to update.

After updating the software on both Carbons, the new SS 3D module, and doing a hard reset on both Carbons...everything works PERFECT! Side and Downscan images are awesome. NoCAL on the Lowrance forum was a SUPER help to me. Kudos to him.

Got out to a new lake we found last fall, graphed out about 10 new points, and caught over 200 bass...and 2 dozen sunnies over 1/2# Wed and Thurs. [big grin]