Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Very true....do you think some people think and believe that since Jesus left this world the demons just up and went away? If anything they are getting stronger and dispensing all kinds of havoc and evil throughout the world. Look at world history 100 or even 50 years ago. Did we have the kind of evil in the world that is present now?
    I don't remember reading in the Bible where it has changed to where demons would just go away. Sure seems like it's getting worse. "As in the days of Noah...". Crazy that there was only evil continually in their hearts before the flood.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    My old Bible College professor, Dr. Brown, once told of an experience he had. It's been a long time since I heard the story, so I'm not sure of the particulars, but the gist of it was there was a young woman in the community who was believed to be possessed by a demon. Her family brought her, kicking and screaming into the church, where an (for lack of another term) "exorsism" was performed. I'm pretty sure Dr. Brown didn't claim to have performed it, but just that he was there. Maybe he assisted. Anyway, he said a demon came out of the woman, and was seen by those in the room. The demon ran around the church room, cursing and screaming, before leaping out of a window and disappearing. The young woman had passed out, but woke up and was apparently "back to normal."

Unfortunately, Dr. Brown has long gone to Glory, so I can't check with him to verify the story, or to get details. You'll have to take it for what it's worth. It seems there was another fellow in the class that day who told a similar story but I don't remember those details.

I'll tell you one thing though. Those two stories had the serious attention of the rest of the class that day.

I had an "experience" once. I hesitate to mention it because it seems more like a "ghost story" you'd tell to frighten children around a camp fire than anything else. I came home after a 4-12 shift one night and went into the kitchen as I always did, and fixed a bowl of "crunchy munchies" before bed. As I sat in the kitchen muching away on the Corn Flakes (or whatever it was) I became aware of a feeling of "evil" in the room. I tried to ignore it, but it just would not go away. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and chills ran up and down my back. I finally couldn't take it anymore and got up and left the room. As soon as I stepped out of the room, into the living room, that feeling as gone. (SNAP) Thinking to myself, "Well that was silly" I went back to the kitchen. The "evil" was still there. Step out...gone...back in...still there. Did that several times. And I mean literally it was a matter of stepping through the door. I finally gave up, went to bed, and fell sound asleep. When I woke up the next morning whatever it had been was gone, and I never experienced it again. As far as I know, no one else ever did either.

Now, logically it's easy to say I was just tired. It was late at night, everyone else was sound asleep. The house was as quiet as a tomb, a rare occurance at our house I assure you...even at midnight someone was usually up watching TV or something. It was also relatively dark, another rare thing with my two boys, my wife and MIL having never learned to turn off a light.

Probably it was just my imagination playing tricks on me. Even now I feel a chill run down my back as I think about it. Logic tells me one thing...

3. Member
    Seems to me you turned your back on the evil and didn't let it in.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    We know that demons possess people in the Bible.
    In no way did I say that you can not let evil into your life, but as i said, the devil is not under every rock like some people would like to blame, so they really will not need to have that serious conversation with the person in the mirror. Think of it this way, an individual that overcomes any addiction has to be vigilant and make drastic changes in their lives making sure that those changes are enforced daily. This is also clear in the situation given by Jesus in Matt 12 '43 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. 44 Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. 45 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”

Hope that this helps clear the matter. Amen

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    In no way did I say that you can not let evil into your life, but as i said, the devil is not under every rock like some people would like to blame, so they really will not need to have that serious conversation with the person in the mirror. Think of it this way, an individual that overcomes any addiction has to be vigilant and make drastic changes in their lives making sure that those changes are enforced daily. This is also clear in the situation given by Jesus in Matt 12 '43 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. 44 Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. 45 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”

Hope that this helps clear the matter. Amen
    Just making a statement. Again, that is why i asked what your post meant so there was no confusion. I definitely agree that every issue we struggle with is not a demon. I don't think alcoholics have a devil of alcohol living in them. Wouldn't that assume that any Christian dealing with addictions is not a Christian at all since the Holy Spirit and a devil cannot both reside in someone? Just babbling and thinking out loud. Open to correction if there is a verse I'm missing

6. Member
    Wouldn't that assume that any Christian dealing with addictions is not a Christian at all since the Holy Spirit and a devil cannot both reside in someone?
    That would make a very good correlation if you are assuming that additions are just the devil's work and not human stupidity and weakness. I have dealt with people with addictions and drinking issues both through my employees and when I was doing personal security work, and I can tell you that in many cases it was selfishness and bad decision behavior. In 2015, I got rid of most of building crew due to the garbage behavior that I was not going to support financially, due to my believes, and later decided to shift my business into a different direction by selling most of my site work equipment concentration on land development and approval.
    Due to my degenerative stenosis in my lower lumbar area, I have been on Hydromorphone and Cyclobenzaprine, which are both very strong narcotic and muscle relaxers, yet because I know that they are a medicine and not a play thing, by the grace of Christ I do not have any issues going on 7 yrs. Please think about this, we are the only constant component in all of our bad decisions and life hardships.

7. Member
    Dig, we might finally agree on something :) I've heard many a tv preacher say "I rebuke you devil of ______, come out of them", when praying for a Christian. Didn't make any sense to me that they, being a temple of the Holy Spirit, can also have a devil. Just thinking out loud. Off to fix my coffee

8. Member
    Just making a statement. Again, that is why i asked what your post meant so there was no confusion. I definitely agree that every issue we struggle with is not a demon. I don't think alcoholics have a devil of alcohol living in them. Wouldn't that assume that any Christian dealing with addictions is not a Christian at all since the Holy Spirit and a devil cannot both reside in someone? Just babbling and thinking out loud. Open to correction if there is a verse I'm missing
    I think a significant number of people who claimed to be Christians are not because they never were saved to begin with.

Many people go through the motions ( joining a church congregation, being baptized, etc.) and all they did was get wet. It is not my job to judge them but God will not be mocked.

Some people do not believe in Eternal Security and will say " I don't believe in that ' once saved always saved stuff'. I tell them I believe in ' IF saved always saved'. Some will be along to condemn me for my beliefs but that is OK. I do not live my life to please men but my Father who is in Heaven.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I think a significant number of people who claimed to be Christians are not because they never were saved to begin with.

Many people go through the motions ( joining a church congregation, being baptized, etc.) and all they did was get wet. It is not my job to judge them but God will not be mocked.

Some people do not believe in Eternal Security and will say " I don't believe in that ' once saved always saved stuff'. I tell them I believe in ' IF saved always saved'. Some will be along to condemn me for my beliefs but that is OK. I do not live my life to please men but my Father who is in Heaven.
    We need to do some good threads on 1. Once saved, always saved and 2. "Judging" other christians. Seems to be a lot of confusion around what the Bible says about each.

10. Member
    We need to do some good threads on 1. Once saved, always saved and 2. "Judging" other christians. Seems to be a lot of confusion around what the Bible says about each.
    Mike, that might set a new record for controversy here.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

11. Member

Very simple, read what God has to say about 'eternal security' or 'one saved always saved' in Ezekiel 33. I could dissect it, but I prefer if the entire chapter is read, since God says so much in that chapter and the entire Ezekiel as matter of fact.
    Last edited by digthemup; 07-15-2022 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling

12. Member
    Mike, that might set a new record for controversy here.
    Doubt we'll ever break those records from a few months back :)

13. Member
    Doubt we'll ever break those records from a few months back :)
    I sure hope we don't return to that time.

This Forum seems to follow it's title much more now than then.

Most of us are " Increasin Our Faith" and I sincerely appreciate your contributions.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

14. Member
    I sure hope we don't return to that time.

This Forum seems to follow it's title much more now than then.

Most of us are " Increasin Our Faith" and I sincerely appreciate your contributions.
    I hope they are doing well. It is great seeing you guys posting verses that uplift Jesus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12