Its so freaking hot !

I laid out my white bread on the front deck of my Cat-tillac while I was making my sandwich and when I picked it up to eat it the freaking bread was toasted !!! NO BS , ITS FREAKING HOT !!!!!!!!
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

2. Member
    Yeah I'm headed home before I make a sandwich.

3. Member
    Miserable hot
    i spent 10 days at my camp on Toledo last week

so hot I did not bass fish!

I would go out around 6 pm, tie up under bridge, put out 6 rods with shiners

Caught 15-20 crappie/catfish fishing at night

4. Member
    I went to the basin today.. been working nights, it wasn’t sunny but no wind and muggy humid, had sweat rolling down my back like I was at work….

I’ve come to the conclusion that the basin now sucks… I don’t know what happened to it but it sucks… caught 4 drum, could’ve caught several more… a few garfish bites, and 1 9” bass…. Overcast trying to rain, they should’ve been jumping in the boat..
    im not scared to say where I was because I didn’t catch anything worth protecting.. fished American pass area….

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    I went to the basin today.. been working nights, it wasn’t sunny but no wind and muggy humid, had sweat rolling down my back like I was at work….

I’ve come to the conclusion that the basin now sucks… I don’t know what happened to it but it sucks… caught 4 drum, could’ve caught several more… a few garfish bites, and 1 9” bass…. Overcast trying to rain, they should’ve been jumping in the boat..
    im not scared to say where I was because I didn’t catch anything worth protecting.. fished American pass area….
    I havent been much in the las few years , but the few times I have been , the water was right and we still didnt get on them good .
    Last edited by Gun Runner; 07-14-2022 at 06:52 AM.
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

6. Member
    Yep, Basin has been tough for me the last few years as well. I don’t understand it, with perfect conditions-mostly gars. I heard reports that the fish had turned on pretty good a couple of weeks ago but once the river stabilized things shut down. And yes, it has been miserably hot. Also, I hate dodging the daily thunderstorms. These just seem to make it even hotter the next day. Sad thing is we have at least 2 more months of this.

7. Member
    Positive note…. I gave the basin another shot today, and whacked them pretty good in a totally different area, went back old school… Caught and released about 25 1-2 pounders with a 3lber mixed in….along with a couple of the absolute biggest goggle-eyes I’ve ever seen… All in 1 spot, 1 point, 2 baits.. these fish weren’t hanging out, they were on the move, not sure where they were going or coming from or why but they were on the move, coming by in waves…

8. Member
    When 14” minimum was on, I could catch 15-20 bass in 2-3 lb range

after they took 14” off it has steadily declined every year
    people bringing in every bass they catch

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Positive note…. I gave the basin another shot today, and whacked them pretty good in a totally different area, went back old school… Caught and released about 25 1-2 pounders with a 3lber mixed in….along with a couple of the absolute biggest goggle-eyes I’ve ever seen… All in 1 spot, 1 point, 2 baits.. these fish weren’t hanging out, they were on the move, not sure where they were going or coming from or why but they were on the move, coming by in waves…
    Thats good to hear !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy lou View Post
    When 14” minimum was on, I could catch 15-20 bass in 2-3 lb range

after they took 14” off it has steadily declined every year
    people bringing in every bass they catch
    This.

11. Member
    I’ve been catching some sacalait the last few weeks and one very positive thing is I’ve caught 5-10 little bass like 10” or so every time. That’s what it was like 12 years ago when you spent the day chasing slabs. Didn’t bass fish much but when I saw a spot that looked like they should have one a lot of them did. Also caught sacalait in places I havnt in 8-10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    I’ve been catching some sacalait the last few weeks and one very positive thing is I’ve caught 5-10 little bass like 10” or so every time. That’s what it was like 12 years ago when you spent the day chasing slabs. Didn’t bass fish much but when I saw a spot that looked like they should have one a lot of them did. Also caught sacalait in places I havnt in 8-10 years
    Where at ?
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

13. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Bay Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Bay Wallace.
    I knew it !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

15. Member
    I’d tell you but if you been to the basin in the last month even on a Tuesday just look for the flotillas of boats. There that’s where they were two days ago

16. Member
    BITE IT BAITS, You fish it, Fish Bite IT www.biteitbaits.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    I’d tell you but if you been to the basin in the last month even on a Tuesday just look for the flotillas of boats. There that’s where they were two days ago
    Roger that , Im sending scouts out today . Theyre gonna use morris code and shoot of flares whenever they find out and then pop smoke and disappear in to the woods .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

18. Member
    Every time I been they were somewhere different and looking at the middle fork gage, it’s starting to go up and down with the tide. The mixing water and points where I have caught (according to my scouts) have not produced the last few days. They will settle out in the areas with good water now I don’t expect to catch 75 on one slough or mix line like the last month but hopefully still be able to catch some. Imma try and take my son tomorrow but after talking to my scouts I’ll be starting from scatch