Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    Couldn't agree more! Especially walking around baking in the sun at Disney World with a mob of people.
    We leave this Friday for Disney. Going to be a crazy week I'm sure.

2. Member
    Taking the kids/grandkids or just feel the need to punish yourself?

Good Luck and enjoy

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Bring your health insurance cards, you're likely to need them.
    Our positivity rate is thru the roof ... over 25% and climbing.
    Omicron 4 and 5 are our Flavors of the Day, very contagious.

Definitely drink copious amounts of H2O + hats & sunscreen.
    I've been here since my parents were thinking bad thoughts.
    No issues in the shade, woods, etc. but Disney is stoopid hot.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    It was pretty freaking hot down here last week at least in the Panhandle. Air temps were over 100*F with heat indexes from115-123*F did all my running done in the morning then inside the rest of the day. That's August temps here not June.
    I would say that is up there on the warm scale! I am much further south. The panhandle seems to have weather more like GA and AL rather than the rest of FL. GA summers were some of the worst I have experienced, you start sweating just thinking about going outside.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    I would say that is up there on the warm scale! I am much further south. The panhandle seems to have weather more like GA and AL rather than the rest of FL. GA summers were some of the worst I have experienced, you start sweating just thinking about going outside.
    Yep ... the Panhandle is nearly exactly the same as South Georgia, South Alabama, etc.
    Hotter and colder, more rainy days, less total rainfall. More prone to hurricanes too.
    Spent 20 years in Tallahassee. Pretty area, but the heat caps, in the summer, are brutal.

6. Member
    just returned from a week in the Indian Rocks Beach (Tampa) area. It definitely feels hotter here in Alabama. Heat advisory rest of this week.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

7. Banned
    Years ago the wife was stationed in Orlando and then later in Pensacola...... I would take Pensacola over Orlando any day on weather.....

I love me some Florida, but not in the summer time when it's hotter than H and definitely not at Disney.

I much prefer to be fishing around the Harris Chain in late January and February.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Why anyone would go to FL in the summer is beyond me.
    There is no greater torture than two take two young kids to Disneyworld in the summer. Dragging strollers around, then carrying them in line when everyone is covered in sweat. There is not a big enough discount where I would ever do that again.

Schweaty ballz?

11. Member
    Summer is a great time in Florida. I loved Florida's summers. Winter was the crazy time as all the old people showed up. They can't drive, can't walk and clogged up store lines. In addition we got hit with the holiday family visitors.

Summer time meant less people, tons of fishing and lots of beach time. That meant you never went to Daytona or Cocoa Beach. A week day went like this. Drove to work in AC car. Work to lunch in AC office. Went the 1 mile to home for lunch. Spent 45 mins in the pool and back to work. Waited to evening went to East Lake Toho and caught tons of Bass. Repeat each day.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

12. Member
    Why anyone would go give money to Disney is beyond me.
    FIFY

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar

This is how I picture hell.
    Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post

This is how I picture hell.
    While spending $1,000's

I thought Disney was kinda losing its luster but maybe not...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    Disney is more popular than ever. It's booked full a great many days.
    Tickets for Florida residents start at $129/person plus taxes, parking $25/day.
    Single park option costs, Park Hopper is extra. And you're still thirsty.

Florida has no lack of tourism. At the beaches or our entertainment parks.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Summer is a great time in Florida. I loved Florida's summers. Winter was the crazy time as all the old people showed up. They can't drive, can't walk and clogged up store lines. In addition we got hit with the holiday family visitors.

Summer time meant less people, tons of fishing and lots of beach time. That meant you never went to Daytona or Cocoa Beach. A week day went like this. Drove to work in AC car. Work to lunch in AC office. Went the 1 mile to home for lunch. Spent 45 mins in the pool and back to work. Waited to evening went to East Lake Toho and caught tons of Bass. Repeat each day.
    Your post brought back tons of good memories...Moved to St. Cloud (Florida) in February of '74....lived a 1/4 mile from the lake in the little "town" of Narcoosee. I waded the east side of "East Lake" for the first year before I could afford a boat and did well-learned how to fish a worm correctly there. Average days were 10 -15 fish with a good one (6 lbs+) or two almost every trip. Getting a bass boat upped the catch rate and it was not unusual to catch 20 fish an evening . I started fishing East Lake less and less as Toho ("West Lake" as it was called by locals) was really starting to kick out the really big fish- by '78 I rarely fished East Lake unless we had a club tournament scheduled there. In June of '76 I got on an area in the NE side of the lake and caught 6 over 10 in one week....those were the days.
    I hear from friends that still live there that the offshore Hydrilla and Peppergrass has totally changed the fishing...
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    My wife is a disney planner on the side. It is amazing how many trips she is booking for people.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    There is no greater torture than two take two young kids to Disneyworld in the summer. Dragging strollers around, then carrying them in line when everyone is covered in sweat. There is not a big enough discount where I would ever do that again.
    Just the thought of the BO wafting from said adults makes me gag. Could you imagine being stuck in line for hours next to someone?

19. Member
    we usually go in the end june its not to bad, must always carry a poncho and one of them watr bottle fans is nice and and cooling rag, we carry 2 hydro flask and feel them up during the day with the free water. Have fun

20. Member
    Why anyone would go to FL in the summer is beyond me.
    they want to see it....before it sinks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast