Holeshot question

Hey guys got a cx 20 with a 250 Mercury… holeshot is fine with just me and empty wells but add another guy or full livewells and this thing is a turd outta the hole.

running a 24 fury currently just curious if anyone has found a solution to this

tia

2. Member
    I have no problem at all with my CX 20 but i do run lithium batteries. What's your top end rpms if they are low say 5500 then your throttle my not be opening all the way up, might check on that first. There's several guys who have gone with a Bravo One FS four blade prop, personally i am not a fan of those props but each their own.

3. Member
    I run the 21 and when the temps get up i drop down to a 23 fury.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headtm View Post
    Hey guys got a cx 20 with a 250 Mercury… holeshot is fine with just me and empty wells but add another guy or full livewells and this thing is a turd outta the hole.

running a 24 fury currently just curious if anyone has found a solution to this

tia
    Define turd…. How many seconds difference, does bow go sky high or just plow, do revs sound like it’s wanting to rev or just gather speed sort of thing

5. Member
    Bow goes sky high just doesn’t act like it wants to push the weight…. Sucks trying to get on pad in shallow water

6. Member
    I noticed a similar situation with my CX20 this week. Then I looked over and remembered I had my 380 lb brother with me.

7. Member
    Have you tried more vent holes open on the prop? I would try that first before dropping pitch if you are still happy with top end RPM
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    Have you tried more vent holes open on the prop? I would try that first before dropping pitch if you are still happy with top end RPM
    All vent holes should be open unless its cavitation!!

9. Member
    One of the things that will help is, if you have a hydraulic jackplate, start with it as high as possible and run it down while planing out. This is opposite of every other boat I've ever owned.

10. Member
    Do you have a hole shot plate on your JP? Sounds like you should try a different prop.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    Do you have a hole shot plate on your JP? Sounds like you should try a different prop.
    Hole shop plate helps sometimes for sure.

12. Member
    Hole shot plate helped mine.

13. Member
    Had the same issue on my cx20 with the 24p fury once i filled wells. Terrible out of the hole and Top speed was 72 @6750rpm. I went to a 24p 4 blade fury and it launches out the hole now, top speed went to 68mph fully loaded but I will take that tradeoff.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmatkins3 View Post
    Had the same issue on my cx20 with the 24p fury once i filled wells. Terrible out of the hole and Top speed was 72 @6750rpm. I went to a 24p 4 blade fury and it launches out the hole now, top speed went to 68mph fully loaded but I will take that tradeoff.
    Are you really running your motor to 6750 or did you mean 5750?

15. Member
    5750 my bad

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmatkins3 View Post
    This is pretty much spot on how my CX20 with a Bravo 1 24p runs. (@5750 RPM)