Has anyone installed pop up cleats themselves?

I have a 21XDC. I think I’m going to TRY doing it myself. Any tips would be appreciated. Also, what are the best cleats to use? TIA.

2. Member
    I would go with the ones from Bullet
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

3. Member
    I have never put them in myself but I did like the factory one in my last Bullet
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

4. Member
    I would get them from Tom at Bullet. I think they use Attwood. He can also give you tips on how to install them. In the front you will have to cut a small square hole in each bulkhead I think. Bullet installs them before the cap is fitted to the hull.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

Pm sent

6. Member
    I installed my own on a 20XRD. In front I used a 5" hole saw to make holes in the outer wall of the front boxes to put the nuts on the cleats. I used the Attwood 4.5" cleats like Bullet sells but I bought them on ebay because they were cheaper. They also sell a backing plate for them and I recommend using that instead of just washers. I installed a hatch like this one https://www.amazon.com/SEAFLO-Black-.../dp/B076T87Z8Q to cover the 5" holes up front. In the rear you can reach them without any problem as long as you don't have auxiliary tanks.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenninr View Post
    I installed my own on a 20XRD. In front I used a 5" hole saw to make holes in the outer wall of the front boxes to put the nuts on the cleats. I used the Attwood 4.5" cleats like Bullet sells but I bought them on ebay because they were cheaper. They also sell a backing plate for them and I recommend using that instead of just washers. I installed a hatch like this one https://www.amazon.com/SEAFLO-Black-.../dp/B076T87Z8Q to cover the 5" holes up front. In the rear you can reach them without any problem as long as you don't have auxiliary tanks.
    That hatch solution is brilliant!