Every year in Utah we have The Summer Games. The games are hosted in Cedar city, Utah. Every sport is represented. Teams and players come from all over the country to compete.
This year they added individual bass fishing. I had done the team event a few times and had hope for a single person event.
This year they added it and by chance I found out about it the last minute and signed up. Biggest fish takes the Gold. 3:00 pm till 10:00 pm. 87607FE7-FF03-4A9E-99E3-FC6F85B70342.pngBA97117F-2FD3-4B3F-9E53-7C4B508A6B73.jpeg

It was a brutal tournament as the Wake boat and Jet skis were in full force. Then to make it better we had summer thunderstorms build up out side of lake that created high winds that moved in every direction.

My starting area was overrun with jet skis and wind which made it un fishable. So I moved to a secondary spot and caught my biggest fish on the first cast. I was certain that I would cull the 3.25 lb fish but it just didn’t happen. The 5lb fish was caught 20 minutes before weight in time.
I ended up with the Silver medal.
I will be going for the gold next year.