VX 20 wiring questions

On my 2021 VX20, the 12V cigarette plug outlet, the USB outlet and the passenger side USB outlets do not appear to work. I thought maybe they were connected to the accessory circuits so I turned on all 3 accessory switches but they still don’t work. Everything else on my switch panel works. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use the 12v outlet for a blacklight when night fishing.

Also, on all my previous boats (mostly Rangers) the main Perko switch turned off all power to everything except of course the trolling motor. On this boat, all the switches such as lights, pumps etc stay powered unless I also trip the circuit breaker. Does anyone know why they are wired this way? It makes it easier to accidentally leave something turned on.
    Thanks

You will need to look under the dash and find the buss bar that powers your USB ports. I’m sure it’s a simple fix.

I believe the breaker on the boat is also designed as a switch. You can use it as one. I’m not a fan of those so I would install a switch before the breaker.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Lots of folks comment on FB that the connectors slip off the back of the USB and cig plug. Remove your panel and put them on and give them a little squeeze with pliers and they should stay on. Just picked up my VX21 and haven’t had a chance to really go through it all yet.

4. Member
    I posted on Facebook in the Vexus group. A couple other VX20 and VX21 owners posted that theirs never worked either. I’m probably going to pull the panel tomorrow and take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    I posted on Facebook in the Vexus group. A couple other VX20 and VX21 owners posted that theirs never worked either. I’m probably going to pull the panel tomorrow and take a look.
    Any luck getting it sorted out?

6. Member
    Pulled the switch panel. Found 4 different connections that were off. Spoke to a person at Vexus who told me how to properly reconnect them. Once I did that everything worked. It is an incredibly tight bunch of wires back there and they are very prone to getting knocked off if you pull the panel. Took me a couple tries to get the panel back in place without knocking any off again.
    The person at Vexus said they are thinking of redesigning it. Sound like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Pulled the switch panel. Found 4 different connections that were off. Spoke to a person at Vexus who told me how to properly reconnect them. Once I did that everything worked. It is an incredibly tight bunch of wires back there and they are very prone to getting knocked off if you pull the panel. Took me a couple tries to get the panel back in place without knocking any off again.
    The person at Vexus said they are thinking of redesigning it. Sound like a good idea.
    Good to know!