Quantitative Tightening

Food for thought over the long weekend. As of June 1 the fed was to sell $17.5 billion MBS (Mortgage Backed Securities) and $30 billion Treasuries per month.

Appears as of the end of June MBS rose and treasuries fell ever so slightly.

Someone appears to have some liquidity issues…
    Last edited by BassAllYear96; 07-01-2022 at 05:30 PM.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I saw the same thing on twitter. I've been watching the money supply data, it was suppose to drop this past month but it actually went up slightly. Something is fishy

The markets are so thin right now, any whisper of a problem and we get ugly.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    My guess ... the indicators aren't conducive to QT and they want a bit of time to reevaluate.
    Florida is a terrible viewpoint. We're beyond packed, busier than ever, prices sky high plus.
    However, based on the move, or actually lack of, I'd expect it's not the situation elsewhere.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I saw the same thing on twitter. I've been watching the money supply data, it was suppose to drop this past month but it actually went up slightly. Something is fishy

The markets are so thin right now, any whisper of a problem and we get ugly.
    On WallSreet Bets they are going bat shit crazy because the Feds MBS holdings did not drop. They are all praying for a housing crash and are pissed at the FED. Those guys would pray for a nuke to hit if it would make their puts pay off. Freaking cracks me up.

5. Member
    What would you GuY’s think about moving from XLK & XLY to Amazon $ Apple. These would be long time holds.