2019 Mercury 200 HP Pro XS 4 Stroke

Motor is idling funny, takes to long to get on plane. After on plane the mid and upper runs great. Can't get into a Mercury dealer till July 25th. In Ga heading to NC tomorrow, then NJ, then to MI. Any info would be great. 1st problem in 3 years, and I run this boat ever Sunday. 180 Hrs on Motor.
    2019 Ranger Z518L
    2019 Mercury 200 PRO XS

2. Member
    Fouled plug or plugs would be my guess.”
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    Mine did that for awhile and I thought the plugs where getting bad, probably from idling to much
    and not running very hard and long. When I finally got good water condition and made a long run I ran over 5000 rpms for at least 45 minutes it must have helped clean the plugs or something because it’s been idle smooth as it did when it was new. My advice is to send it hard for awhile see if that helps.

4. mikesxpress
    Change the plugs.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor