Talon drive off protection?

Just started researching a Talon 15. Looks like there is a buzzer that can be hooked to your ignition to alert you that the Talon is down. Is there any other protection if you were to drive away with it down or if it has too much force on it from wind or what have you.

Thanks

2. Member
    No that’s it.

3. Member
    The green wire in the Talon power cord is for that purpose. It is hooked to the ignition switch to prevent drive off with the Talon deployed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    The green wire in the Talon power cord is for that purpose. It is hooked to the ignition switch to prevent drive off with the Talon deployed.
    And it’s LOUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I have help people wire Talon alarm wires and technically you can get power from any source that is hot when the key is turned on. Its common to suggest the ignition wire but there is also other options that may be easier to get at. To find what I'm talking about turn your key on and take a meter to your gauges in the dash. If one is hot with the key on and its easier to get to than the ignition then that is what I suggest. Sometimes its easier to pop off the dash panel and sometimes its easier to get at the key switch. The power source is irrelevant as long as its only hot when the key is on.

Here is post that has been a sticky at the top of this forum since 2019. Click on picture for details.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=981657

6. Member
    The OP Seems to know about the green wire he’s asking is there anything else besides the green wire to warn you when the Talons‘s are down if you try to take off. At least that’s how I’m reading the question lol.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J Mac View Post
    The OP Seems to know about the green wire he’s asking is there anything else besides the green wire to warn you when the Talons‘s are down if you try to take off. At least that’s how I’m reading the question lol.
    Just a loud bang. Green wire is the only means.