Thread: Desert Training

Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

Thumbs Up Desert Training

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 63:1

The desert holds a special place in God's Word. The Scriptures portray the desert as a place of inspiration and exaltation - a place where people met God in a powerful new way.

For Joseph, a deep pit in the desert was the first stop on a 13-year journey through desolation and despair that happened to be a deep pit in the desert. Joseph's 13-year desert experience served to break his self-will and self-confidence. It taught him that he could not control anything and that he needed to rely on God to manage the events in his life. Joseph's desert trail prepared him by scorching the youthful pride and arrogance out of his young life so that when he was 30 years old he could rule Egypt at Pharaoh's side in a spirit of humility and servanthood.

King David wrote the sixty-third Psalm while in exile in the Desert of Judah. He was hiding there from his son Absalom, who wanted to replace him as king of Israel. Before becoming the king of Israel, David was a shepherd. Part of his training for leadership involved hand-to-claw combat wit the beasts of the wilderness, including the lion and the bear.

Elijah, too, learned the principles of spiritual leadership while in the wilderness of Gilead, and Jesus was tempted and tested for 40 days in the desert before He began to preach.

Perhaps God has given you a dream that seems to have withered and died under the scorching desert sun. Maybe it seems that God has gone away and is not listening to your prayers. But I want you to know that your dream still lives. God is with you, even if you can't see Him, hear Him or sense His presence. He is preparing you in the desert.

In His good time, He will bring you to a place of refreshment and restoration.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Member
    Preach it Brother...

4. Member
    A great post and so true.

Your example of Joseph is so timely.

I recently read the account of Joseph starting in chapter 37 in Genesis. God allowed a series of " bad" events to take place in Joseph's life for the greater good to come. All of them lead to Joseph being able to save the lives of his family by providing them food from Egypt during the 7 years of famine.

Isn't it amazing how God's timeline can weave these events into the greater good to come?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    22RangerZ520R

Though the individuals you have chosen give us good learning potential, only one endured the same and much more on His way to the cross, where my sins, your sins, and the sins of the world were washed away for all times.

The Temptation of Jesus
    1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Heb. 2.18 ; 4.15
    2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward ahungered.
    3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
    4 But he answered and said, It is written,

Man shall not live by bread alone,
    but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Deut. 8.3
    5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
    6 and saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written,

He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: Ps. 91.11
    and in their hands they shall bear thee up,
    lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Ps. 91.12
    7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Deut. 6.16
    8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    9 and saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
    and him only shalt thou serve. Deut. 6.13
    11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Be well, be safe and stay hydrated.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live