Might Try To Sell 2012 Phoenix 921 Por XP W/No Motor

I posted this on the main page but figured I'd put it here also for feedback. Wanting some opinions on selling a bass boat without a motor. Do you all think there are any buyers out there for a situation like this. Someone that may have a motor but looking for the right boat I have a 2012 Phoenix Pro XP 921 bought new in Feb of 2013 that has been garage kept its entire life. It's a beautiful boat and one of the best riding that I've been in. Boat and trailer are both in excellent condition. No upgrades as far as electronics or trolling motor still the original HDS 10 and 8 graphs and minnkota fortrex trolling motor and atlas hydraulic 10” hydraulic jack plate, sea star hydraulic steering, Merc controls, power poles, hot foot, 4 bank charger, batteries etc. Just thinking about testing the market. Not really sure what to price this at if I were to put it for sale?? I’ve had a new 4 stroke Pro XS on order for 13 months and am now being told it will be at least another 7 or 8 months. Tired of waiting and thinking about going a different route. Long story short when I blew my Pro XS 250 I had a buyer for it that wanted it to rebuild so I sold it to him. At that time I was being quoted a 16 week delivery on new motor but that obviously has not happened. Maybe I should just wait it out??
    Last edited by june-bug; 06-30-2022 at 03:31 PM.

2. Member
    You should call Jaco Marine in Lawranceberg, TN 931-762 6710

Will do. Thanks!

4. Member
    i've seen quite a few marina's with in stock mercs. waiting seems crazy, i'd make 100 phone calls and you'd find one same day. all the large dealers post on facebook constantly about motors they get in. might be worth a shot if you wanted to keep it

5. Member
    Id recommend repowering if you like the hull. I love my 921 with 4XS. I’d also call as many dealerships as possible to find a 250 4XS.

6. Member
    Or grab one of the 2 strokes that hits the BBC market. Guys do get their 4 strokes in and then try to sell their older Pro XS. Good luck.

Well low and behold I was shocked yesterday when my local dealer called me and said that my motor came in. They couldn't believe it either as the computer was showing a February 2023 delivery. The thoughts of possibly selling my boat vanished in an instant! The 14 month wait is over and I'm stoked!

Great news

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

9. Member
    Fantastic! You will love it.

10. Member

11. Member
    Any pictures?

No pictures with new with the new motor yet but here is my old girl just before I pulled the 2 stroke off.
    Attachment 495850