Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Already been posted this is for the BFL, if not in 2023, for sure in 2024.
    Where was that posted? Was it one of these guys posting "I was on the call"?

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I'm not saying it's not happening, that's coming directly from one of bfl's tournament directors, Alan Gray.

Attachment 494173
    So, it's not a replacement to the BFL or 5 fish limit tournaments. But, will it possibly be introduced to the BFL since they are part of "The Masses"? Maybe I'm just not getting it.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by novakevlar View Post
    So it's basically like any other BFL except 3 days of fuel and hotel costs, probably harder with a larger field and not on a body of water you're familiar with.

Sounds f'ing great. If I'm just fishing for a check I'm not doing it somewhere where 50+ guys have home field advantage. And 13 lbs aint going to cut it!!
    LOL Me neither.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I'm not saying it's not happening, that's coming directly from one of bfl's tournament directors, Alan Gray.

Attachment 494173
    Maybe after the fallout they are trying to do damage control.

As a former president would say, Let's see what Happens.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassfriend View Post
    Maybe after the fallout they are trying to do damage control.
    wouldnt be the first time MLF has tried to force something only to have a ton of kickback just to blame the “haters” for now thinking it’s the greatest thing since fishing has started.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    $500 just seems like such an unnecessary gouge. While I’m sure it’d be a good short term bump and plenty of guys will buy it. It will turn some people off forever, just for the principal. They should be able to group buy scales at well under msrp for the circuit.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

More carping from the BBC crowd that predicted 5 years ago that MLF would not last 3 years.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    More carping from the BBC crowd that predicted 5 years ago that MLF would not last 3 years.
    Yep on the positive side all that Carping has helped a lot of individuals gain more "BBC Post Count Cred", sparked some very humorous responses plus providing a whole lot of entertainment reading showing how deeply imbedded B.A.S.S. is in the Psyche of many individuals on the BBC.

Somehow all the previous threads over the years of "Grow the Sport", "Someone Needs to Start Another Tour", "The BFL's Are Going Downhill Under Irwin Jacob's Ownership" all must have had a hidden "Unless It's Boyd Duckett and JM Disclaimer attached to all them.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Yep on the positive side all that Carping has helped a lot of individuals gain more "BBC Post Count Cred", sparked some very humorous responses plus providing a whole lot of entertainment reading showing how deeply imbedded B.A.S.S. is in the Psyche of many individuals on the BBC.

Somehow all the previous threads over the years of "Grow the Sport", "Someone Needs to Start Another Tour", "The BFL's Are Going Downhill Under Irwin Jacob's Ownership" all must have had a hidden "Unless It's Boyd Duckett and JM Disclaimer attached to all them.
    Well the part about BFLs under Jaccob"s Ownership DID in fact go downhill. Under Operation Bass, $75 entry fee with a $7500.00 1st place for full field qualifier. $150.00 for super tournament with $15,000.00 for a full field, $70,000.00(boat & truck) for Regional, $100,000.00 for All American. They paid for you AND family to get to the All American site any way you wanted to get there.

11. Member
    FLW was the start of raping the BFLs to fund EverStarts and then the college circuit when it started. Entries steadily increased and payouts remained stagnant for BFLs since then.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Guys will be complaining about the 500 dollar scales while sitting in their 80,000 dollar bass boat.
    I don’t T fish any longer, but had a blast when I did, and it wasn’t from winning money, I can assure you that.

Just my opinion, the 500 bucks would be an issue, but what would bother me most is buying the tournament organizers equipment so they could conduct their tournament. We put on the T, you supply the equipment to help us run it for us to make money type deal. kinda like if they put a surcharge on each T to pay for buying supplies, not that it’s not included in the entry anyway. Seems like they need to jack up the entry fees in the amount to cover X amount of scales, including spares in the event of a failure. I don’t think that would happen though, wouldn’t think they would want the headache.

Its above my pay grade anyway, besides I don’t fish em anymore, but sure wish I could. You guys enjoy yourselves, nothing like that anticipation waiting for takeoff.

I wouldn’t mind this in summer tournaments. Don’t worry about ice, live week treatments, fizzing etc…. I spend more time watching my fish than fishing if sometimes. I know they can’t have a high survival rate even when I weigh them alive.

14. Member
    What if the scale was satellite linked and cell service wasn't necessary?
    And what if there was a camera built into every scale that recorded every weighed fish?
    And what if the tournament director could monitor every boat in real time?
    And what if each scale had a backup chip in it that recorded the entire day?
    And what if it was also linked into the MLF headquarters where they could monitor each and every scale simultaneously all across the country?

Just something to ponder. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    FLW was the start of raping the BFLs to fund EverStarts and then the college circuit when it started. Entries steadily increased and payouts remained stagnant for BFLs since then.
    and the All American hasn’t been treated like one of the most important tournaments in the world like it should be.

If it has to be a $ 500 scale less add 3 cameras to get different views to verify not cheating, BASS Nation !!!!!!!!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwtlsu View Post
    and the All American hasn’t been treated like one of the most important tournaments in the world like it should be.
    At a BFL a couple weeks ago I heard quite a few guys talking who went to last years All American. I asked how it went and each one said they could care less if they make it back. Most said it just feels like a regular regional tournament. All of the hype and attraction has been removed
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-E View Post
    And what if there was a camera built into every scale that recorded every weighed fish?
    And what if it was also linked into the MLF headquarters where they could monitor each and every scale simultaneously all across the country?

Just something to ponder. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend and be safe.
    Well, from one of his biggest detractors, tell him congrats. I think he did it. I have always thought there were too many variables to roll out at scale. But if it works as advertised above, it addresses all the problems I thought it would have.

Couple questions - would there be 2 scales per boat? Why don’t they average the cost over 5 years and just add that to entry fee/membership?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-E View Post

OK Uncle Rico
    -Logan

$500.00 scale ? At least the scale salesman is a winner . I wonder how much a scale that's been tweaked will cost ?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast