Ultrex hard steering trouble shooting

Hi folks, well we were fishing and the Ultrex got hard to steer after moving to a new spot.
    It's a 2019 Ultrex IPilot Link 36V 112LB.
    Any help would be appreciated!

1st thought is steering sensor.

3. Member
    Was it difficult to steer while under power but easy to steer while not under power? I had this happen a few weeks ago. I had no steering if I was on the throttle but as soon as I came off the throttle the steering was fine. Turned out my batteries didnt charge the night before and they were dead. I guess there was enough power for one or the other but not both.

Jason
    2014 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury ProXs 200

4. Member
    Just difficult to steer. It got tougher and basically locked up when I got it back
    to the barn. I thought about power, I plugged in at the lake where I parked at a friend's.
    Unfortunately I did not check the power to it. It is charging now, I will troubleshoot tomorrow
    Morning hopefully that's it. But generally, I'm not that lucky!

5. Member
    If you can steer it with the remote, then it is a steering sensor most likely. If not it is probably the control board
    Fish have fins, they swim

6. Member
    Well here it is,
    I am lucky enough to have an ASC here in town.
    After an informed conversation with the shop. I was told to bring it by for warranty service.
    Sooooo, we un-mounted the MSI and Mega Live transducer and un-wired everything.
    It's not a hard job but if I wouldn't have used a couple of rolls of electrical tape to dress out.
    It wouldn't have taken as long. (Note: I'm shocked there is only 1 screw holding that head on the mount)

Found this nice tid-bit out... on a ultrex or fortex you can look under the foot pedal when loose.

IF you SEE a white electronic ribbon plugged in by a blue connector....

That is a recalled sensor....

The tech said with some luck he had the part and he'd fix it tomorrow and I could get it Friday evening.

Uhhhh... Do I feel lucky?????

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    Well here it is,
    I am lucky enough to have an ASC here in town.
    After an informed conversation with the shop. I was told to bring it by for warranty service.
    Sooooo, we un-mounted the MSI and Mega Live transducer and un-wired everything.
    It's not a hard job but if I wouldn't have used a couple of rolls of electrical tape to dress out.
    It wouldn't have taken as long. (Note: I'm shocked there is only 1 screw holding that head on the mount)

Found this nice tid-bit out... on a ultrex or fortex you can look under the foot pedal when loose.

IF you SEE a white electronic ribbon plugged in by a blue connector....

That is a recalled sensor....

The tech said with some luck he had the part and he'd fix it tomorrow and I could get it Friday evening.

Uhhhh... Do I feel lucky?????
    That bare ribbon wire was why they had to build a new sensor-- the new one has the ribbon wire potted.

8. Member
    Well so much for luck, steering sensor and board dead.
    Gotta go thru minn kota warranty now.