Feels like getting only 12v from Ultrex

Just bought a boat with used 24v Ultrex. Switched out new batteries. Took out to lake and it feels like only getting 12v power. Spot lock would not work either. I am pretty sure I hooked up wires correctly but must not. Any thing other than incorrect wiring might cause this?

What is the correct way to wire the ultrex. I know bunch diagrams online but just wanted to ask for sure.

thanks!

2. Member
    Check the thread at the top of the forum and about the third or fourth comment down I have a diagram of a 24volt system. If you have an older boat then you could have 4 wire going to the front of the boat. Get rid of 2 of them an make note witch 2 you keep. Red and Black would be a good choice.

A good start would be to measure the voltage at the plug or where the troll motor is connected in the front of the boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Check the thread at the top of the forum and about the third or fourth comment down I have a diagram of a 24volt system. If you have an older boat then you could have 4 wire going to the front of the boat. Get rid of 2 of them an make note witch 2 you keep. Red and Black would be a good choice.

A good start would be to measure the voltage at the plug or where the troll motor is connected in the front of the boat.
    Thanks for the reply. It is an older Ranger that I just got. To me, it looks like it has an extra wire rigged compared to any other boat I have had in past. Has red, black, and orange coming from front. I will check the front and see how many wires are connected to the plug and go from there. It also looks like it has an extra breaker wired in at the back on the jumper wire.

Thanks again!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post

You were exactly right. They had 4 wires running from the plug to the back. That is why it looked like to me they had an extra wire. I unhooked 2 of them and kept the black and red and then ran a jumper between the two as in diagram. It appears that fixed the problem based on how fast prop was running out of the water. I will see this weekend.