Tracking or Heading?

Can someone help? My graph used to work fine now my track comes out the side of the boat icon or from a diagonal. I have a steady cast with it.

IMG_2138 (1).jpg

Have you confirmed your SteadyCast is still being recognized by the unit via the NMEA2000 network? Home, Settings, Communications, NMEA2000
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Have you confirmed your SteadyCast is still being recognized by the unit via the NMEA2000 network? Home, Settings, Communications, NMEA2000

Under Communications, NEMA 2000 Setup, Device List, It shows a steadycast under the device list. Do you have any other ideas Todd? TIA!

4. Member
    My GPSMAP did this today after an ActiveCaptain map update. Chart Heading was changed from Heading up to North Up. I changed it back and everything was find. Might not be your situation but thought I'd mention it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

What Leonard asked was going to be my next follow up question. Make sure Heading Up is selected.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    My GPSMAP did this today after an ActiveCaptain map update. Chart Heading was changed from Heading up to North Up. I changed it back and everything was find. Might not be your situation but thought I'd mention it.

Are you referring to map orientation? That says "head up" and vessel orientation is auto.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    What Leonard asked was going to be my next follow up question. Make sure Heading Up is selected.
    Are you referring to map orientation? That says "head up" and vessel orientation is auto.

I would go through the two-step SteadyCast calibration process again to see if this corrects the issue. After you calibrate the compass, make sure you also run through the Auto Heading Alignment part of the calibration.
    Garmin Pro Team