Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When Amazon screws up

It is extremely difficult to make things right with them. I ordered a Dewalt lithium battery, and changed my mind on the purchase within minutes and canceled the order. They were unable to cancel it, so they shipped it and refunded the charges. I've been going back and forth with their customer service in India trying to get the guy to understand that, even though the order was canceled, they shipped it and I have it in my hands! The guy told me that the seller will reach out in 2 days, if he doesn't discard it. I don't think so. Someone will want to buy it!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

I've been eagerly awaiting a Solix transducer extension cable I ordered through Amazon to complete my install. I was excited that my packaged was delivered today, but I received a Helix power cable instead.

Before Christmas my wife ordered a microscope for my daughter. The first one came, then a second one, then 4 showed up. Only one was billed for. We have called and tried to get this cleared up and was told return labels would be sent. We got a return label for one microscope and was told UPS would be picking them up, still have 5 damn microscopes.

You can go into your account and return something, and one of the options is I Didn't Order or something like that. And IMO, once you make a concerted effort to right the situation, it's on them if they don't follow thru.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

5. Member
    Last year they sent a laptop and it got lost so they sent me a second laptop......sure as crap they both showed up the same day. So I wrote them and they told me to keep the other one no need to return it. My brother had Walmart do that to him on 65 inch TV's last year. Sent him two within a week when he ordered one and they told him to just keep the second one!

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    My DIL ordered a table set for outdoors got 2 parts of it never got the table,called them thy sent out a whole new set and where suppose to pick up the other one got the replacement still no pick going on a month .Guess we will wait and see
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

The will ship things with lithium batteries but they will not have them shipped back. I ordered a couple 300 dollar rechargeable PA speakers for our youth football program. The first two did not charge properly. They sent two more and told me to keep the first two because of the lithium batteries. Next two came and one would not connect to the blue tooth. They sent me another one. Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    Last year they sent a laptop and it got lost so they sent me a second laptop......sure as crap they both showed up the same day. So I wrote them and they told me to keep the other one no need to return it. My brother had Walmart do that to him on 65 inch TV's last year. Sent him two within a week when he ordered one and they told him to just keep the second one!
    Walmart or Amazon - Maybe I ought to order my next truck through them! Perhaps I'll get lucky and they'll deliver two by mistake!!
    Last edited by OBT; 07-02-2022 at 12:40 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

9. Member
    you and most shipping services do not have the haz mat certification to ship something like a lithium battery. I know at work we can't even ship a haz mat via ups.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

10. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    It is extremely difficult to make things right with them. I ordered a Dewalt lithium battery, and changed my mind on the purchase within minutes and canceled the order. They were unable to cancel it, so they shipped it and refunded the charges. I've been going back and forth with their customer service in India trying to get the guy to understand that, even though the order was canceled, they shipped it and I have it in my hands! The guy told me that the seller will reach out in 2 days, if he doesn't discard it. I don't think so. Someone will want to buy it!
    1. got to bottom of page, click>help>call me
    2.immediately ask for "USA based rep"

easy

11. Member
    My wife has alerts on credit cards so she gets a text as soon as it's used. So she knows everything. But mine has never made me cancel an order just minutes after placing it.

They have done that to me a few times. I do a chat session and get them to send me me a text with a scan code for ups to return. Then I drop it off at ups and I'm done.

13. Member
    Most items are cheaper to just leave it been then to go through with the shipping to return it, then who ever has to deal with the pile of returns, and get things back to where they belong.
    Fish have fins, they swim

I’ve ordered a ton from Amazon. Never had one issue with returns. A couple months ago I ordered a Titanium Ingersol Rand impact gun. After hundreds of packages UPS all of a sudden thought I lived two miles down the road. UPS shipping showed it delivered and handing directly to resident. I went down to local UPS depot and filed a complaint. Tracking showed the exact address it was delivered to. No issues with the shipping address to my house. UPS said there was nothing they could do. I asked them how GPS allowed them to be two miles away. I called Amazon and they said don’t worry and shipped another gun. When UPS guy showed up I told him it must be nice to be an idiot and still keep your job.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    The will ship things with lithium batteries but they will not have them shipped back. I ordered a couple 300 dollar rechargeable PA speakers for our youth football program. The first two did not charge properly. They sent two more and told me to keep the first two because of the lithium batteries. Next two came and one would not connect to the blue tooth. They sent me another one. Crazy
    Wonder if the same would be done for their lithium boat batteries?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

16. Banned
    returns are super easy with amazon.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    Same thing happened with me with Amazon and a reel.

18. Member
    I’ve had good luck with them. And they stood behind a few things that went wrong and made them right fairly quickly.!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OBT View Post
    Walmart or Amazon - Maybe I ought to order my next truck through them! Perhaps I'll get lucky!
    Amazon on the laptops and Walmart on the TV's

20. Member
    As I was walking out of the local super Walmart other day a guy told me they selling out all their fishing rods. Saltwater $7. Freshwater $5, no matter the brand or model. I was in a hurry so I didn't go back. I guess you can hit the jackpot with those big companies one in a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast