Lithium STARTING batteries with Suzuki 4 strokes?

Any of you guys tried running lithium starting batteries with your Zukes?

Issues?

I am seeing reports over on THT forum of varying voltage causing the engines to continuously throw multiple fault codes with Dakota lithiums… seems due to varying voltages, possibly because the battery BMS systems are cutting in and out….

If you’ve been successful deploying lithium starting batteries, which brand/model batteries have you used? Anything special/different you had to do in the setup?

Thanks!

2. Member
    I've ran both the Ionic 125ah and Lithium Pros 215ah lithium starting batteries with no issues. I do however get some random fault codes that don't correlate to anything from time to time whenever I start the motor and it at least happens once an outing. But I also got the same fault codes whenever I was running the group 31 X2 AGM as well.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Thanks Booter!

Random false codes are very often associated with electrical issues eg batteries and associated connections. And the white wire connection in particular. Checking that wire and the large fuse that should be in it close to the battery connections is worth worth doing. Inspection of the wire and connections for corrosion or other damage.

Keep the replies coming guys!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Thanks Booter!

Random false codes are very often associated with electrical issues eg batteries and associated connections. And the white wire connection in particular. Checking that wire and the large fuse that should be in it close to the battery connections is worth worth doing. Inspection of the wire and connections for corrosion or other damage.

Keep the replies coming guys!
    Thanks for the tips Moonlighter! I did redo the wiring in my boat's bilge over the winter that eliminated a lot of my graphs dimming and the live well control panel from resetting whenever I crank up the big engine. Maybe I need to take a closer look at the connector on the that white wire and fuse block to make sure there's nothing corroded on it.

5. Member
    I have an Ionic 125ah with the 250ss, 20 hours no faults yet.
    2022 Gator Trax Strike 20 w/Suzuki 250ss

6. Member
    I’ve got the 125 ionic and 3 helix 10’s, garmin 122sv, and livescope and haven’t had any problems yet. I haven’t had them but a month or so, but after 8 hours of fishing and leaving all the graphs on and only running the big motor 45 min randomly through the day. I typically have 68% left.
    BassCat Cougar FTD w/Suzuki 250SS

7. Member
    Over on THT the Dakota lithiums seem to be the ones complained about….

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Over on THT the Dakota lithiums seem to be the ones complained about….
    I know some friends who ran Dakota Lithiums for their trolling motors and had issues with their batteries failing after a year. Plus DL customer support is not that great and they had issues with getting replacement batteries under warranty. Most of them switched over Ionic and never looked back.
    Last edited by booter; 07-07-2022 at 08:58 AM.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Check out our 12v-120ah Cranker, we do offer "ALL In" Lithium packages for 24v and 36v.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....297&highlight=

Call me if you have any questions

Bill

205-965-8436