Solix’s not networking

Have a Solix G2 15 and 12. I took units off boat while I was away for a few days. Put them back on today and they are not connecting with each other. Restored defaults on both units, connections are good and tight. What am I missing? Never had a network issue in the 2 years I have had units.

2. Member
    Are they directly wired together or is there an Ethernet switch in between that may not be powered up? Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

After the Restored defaults did you sync them?
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    He tried it before he restored the defaults. With me it is always something I forgot to do. Like turn on the power!
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    Sorry for delay fellas. Wasn’t able to put some time into boat until today. So, still not able to sync units, NO IP addresses on either unit. I tried the restore process mentioned on BBC, how can I check if power cord for ethernet switch is good with meter? Robert posted this process a while back try and see if it works for your units.

Are both units showing an IP address?

09-15-2017, 09:47 PM
    If you DO NOT get a network tab to populate - hook them both up, and once they are fully booted and running, DISCONNECT both your Ethernet connections while powered, reset defaults - and shut down.

Power both back up and make sure they have been running several minute to ensure they are fully booted and they should be reset to defaults once again.

Shut down a second time - before you boot each back up again,reconnect the units and boot which ever one you were planning to be "the master" or unit supplying "the food chain" the most of the usable data 1st.

Again, let them run for several minutes and hit exit if any of them quack about any source found or lost - then go see if you can configure the Ethernet tab, if you are on very similar software (if not the exact same) version and do not "see" an IP address assigned in the system status tab(s) - it is possible the onboard NIC (Ethernet device) has failed.

Out of the box, you generally won't have a network tab until it has been Ethernet connected to another unit.

The above procedure "releases" a stuck IP address, it happens with PCs & Servers too.