Pro xs Idling issue

Serial # - 2B123542
    2015 mercury pro xs 250 2 stroke

Apologize up front for the long winded post but want to include all the details. A week ago I took my boat out and every time I cranked the motor the rpm’s would rise above usual at start up and then drop back down to normal idle throughout the course of the day.

The next day, it was doing the same as mentioned above. After fishing all day I ran it back and set it down at the no wake zone and it stalled. Upon firing it back up, it would surge at idle (idle rough for a few minutes then raise rpm’s, and repeat).

Researching, I thought I might of had a bad diaphragm in the fuel rail so I purchased all 3 new and the tool and replaced them. The tracker valve did have a slight tear but upon replacement there was no change. I also replaced the spark plugs (correct plugs and gapped correctly), and a new water separator filter. The spark plugs were pretty black. With still no change.

I did perform the test to see if there was any fuel on the air side or air in the fuel side by pressing in the shraeder valves and it didn’t appear there was any. I purchased a gauge to see if I could see the pressures but it wasn’t a liquid filled gauge and it jumped so bad I couldn’t make out what pressures it was operating at. It did increase pressure as the rpm’s surged.

there are no mechanics anywhere close to my location and anyone I have called is booked way out so any assistance would be appreciated.

I have heard it could be the TPS, reeds, air compressor, plug wire, coil but just wondering if anyone could try to narrow this down.

thanks in advance.

2. Member
    pulse pump diaphram can also do it, try 3.0L forum one more down for more info on yo mtr
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Can I move this post there or do I need to start a new one?

4. Member
    When he has time Don (EuropeanAM) will move it for you.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Okay. Thanks. Still haven’t had any luck figuring anything out.

6. Member
    absolutely no fuel in air side , likely TPS is possible
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................