2022 Z18 Pro- Jackplate worth it?

I know its not an expensive option to get but with the 2022 the way the transom is designed with the clean water flow to the motor is the jackplate going to really effect much? Trying to decide whether its worth it or not. Doesn't look like its required to add on powerpoles like some other boat mfg's so I am just wondering if its a pointless add-on or if truly a good thing to include. It would be for the 175 proxs also.
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS

2. Member
    I like having mine, but its definitely not an essential for the areas I typically fish. Guessing in NY your situation is similar.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I like having mine, but its definitely not an essential for the areas I typically fish. Guessing in NY your situation is similar.
    I mean some of the stretches of river I fish and Champlain there can be a ~5 mile run but alot of the lakes its not a crazy amount of running. Just trying to figure out if really its only a 1mph gain or if it really will help overall more than that
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS

4. Member
    I have a 6 inch manual on mine. I had the dealer install it before I picked it up so didn't get to do a before and after comparison. I mainly got it to install my 2 Power Poles. I like the way the brackets attach to the side of the jack plate. There may be other options I'm not aware of but I think the only other way to mount the PP's without a jack plate would be with a sandwich bracket which requires removing the engine. My best speed with my 175 has been a little over 61.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    should be against the law to sell a boat without a jackplate

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebackpro7 View Post
    I mean some of the stretches of river I fish and Champlain there can be a ~5 mile run but alot of the lakes its not a crazy amount of running. Just trying to figure out if really its only a 1mph gain or if it really will help overall more than that
    I do like burying the plate when its super rough out, and occasionally use it when in super shallow water, but the vast majority of the time I just run it to its sweet spot and leave it there all day. With the factory manual jackplate, its a little bit more of a pain to dial in the sweet spot, but once you are there, no performance difference between it and a hydraulic.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    My last boat was a 2016 z-18 with the 150 4 stroke (non pro xs). It would run consistently with 2 people loaded at 54-56 empty live wells. By myself I could see 60-61 loaded, empty wells. I did not have a jackplate or power poles.
    Jim
    2022 Nitro Z20
    2-12” HDS live, Ghost and Active Target

8. Member
    Ended up ordering a Z18 pro with the 175 and 6" jackplate. Appreciate the feedback
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS

9. Member
    Did you order the manual jackplate?

10. Member
    Yea just the 6" R&R. Got it mainly to add a pole and maybe a bit for performance but im skeptical on that part
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS