Question Fire extinguisher rule change?

NC Wildlife Resources Commission

REMINDER:

The U.S. Coast Guard recently implemented a change in the fire extinguisher requirements for recreational vessels. If your vessel is currently required to carry a fire extinguisher, and the disposable (non-rechargeable) fire extinguisher has a date of manufacture stamped on the bottle, it is considered expired and must be removed from service if it is older than 12 years.

David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Thanks David.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I have 2 extinguishers and after checking their dates found one was out of date other is ok - found on date is made into the metal canister and is on bottom - I had read about the rule change but had not checked , thinks for the reminder David

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

4. Member
    Thx

5. Member
    Checked mine yesterday and is was a 2010 year. replaced with new one that has manu date of 2021. Mine is mouted under my seat in plain view. I added a label so i know when it is time to replace it.

6. Banned
    Found the box mine came in when purchased and it says “disposable, discard and replace after 12 years”. Also stated it has a 6 year warranty on it.