Banned

Falcon bucoo micro tip?

I have a 7 ft med/H Falcon the need a new micro tip.The manufacture can’t help,any idea what size I need?

2. Member
    If you go with a size 4 ring you should be fine, that's the largest "micro" and going a little bigger for the tip never hurts so even if your runners are 3's you'll be good. As far as the tube size goes I'd guess 5 (2mm) or 5.5 (2.2mm) being that it's a MH.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    If you go with a size 4 ring you should be fine, that's the largest "micro" and going a little bigger for the tip never hurts so even if your runners are 3's you'll be good. As far as the tube size goes I'd guess 5 (2mm) or 5.5 (2.2mm) being that it's a MH.
    Cool thanks man,appreciate it.

4. Member
    I just remove the tip top and measure the tip, than order a new one, real simple. Drill bits are in the same sizes so if you have one of the drill gauges that come with some drill sets you're golden, I use a cheap plastic caliper from Harbor Freight I paid $2 for, it's been a good one and accurate in inches to 1/128", or .05 mm depending on the scale you use.
    Last edited by Spoonplugger1; 07-01-2022 at 09:29 AM.

5. Member
    Is there a good way to search websites(or maybe a chart?) for a specific tube and ring size tip top, like if I need a 6 tube and 4 ring? I feel like mudhole used to have the option to search by sizes but now I have to check each one to see if the tube/ring combo I need is available in a particular brand and style.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmich View Post
    Is there a good way to search websites(or maybe a chart?) for a specific tube and ring size tip top, like if I need a 6 tube and 4 ring? I feel like mudhole used to have the option to search by sizes but now I have to check each one to see if the tube/ring combo I need is available in a particular brand and style.
    for the most part no. Spending $6 or $7 on one of the cheap plastic sizing gauges is worth it. Get that and/or a pair of cheap calipers and you'll be set.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    for the most part no. Spending $6 or $7 on one of the cheap plastic sizing gauges is worth it. Get that and/or a pair of cheap calipers and you'll be set.
    Sorry that might not have been clear. When I already know the size I need , using the tools you mentioned , is there any easy way to search mudhole for example for a 4(6.5) and see which tip tops are available in that size? Right now I'll sort by Fuji, CRB or whatever and have to click on each model to see if there is a 4(6.5). Would be easier to search by size and see which options are available.

8. Banned
    Solid info .....thanks man

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmich View Post
    Sorry that might not have been clear. When I already know the size I need , using the tools you mentioned , is there any easy way to search mudhole for example for a 4(6.5) and see which tip tops are available in that size? Right now I'll sort by Fuji, CRB or whatever and have to click on each model to see if there is a 4(6.5). Would be easier to search by size and see which options are available.
    Unless it has a colored ring or something just get a Fuji Alconite in whatever size ring and tube you determine. FAT if it's chrome and BFAT if it's black, if they're micros then FCAT or BFCAT. They'll work with everything.

10. Member
    Mudhole's website is a train wreck, much easier to go to the Angler's Resource/Fuji site where it's quick and easy.