Cleaning boat with toilet bowl cleaner

So I used toilet bowl cleaner to take off the stain on my white boat. When the stain was gone I sprayed a little water on the hull with a spray bottle. So my question is that enough to take the bleach off of the boat so it won't harm it?

I have to think that there would be a cleaner that would be less caustic than toilet bowl cleaner to clean a boat.

Soft Scrub will take the stain off the hull.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Did you use hydrochloric or phosphoric acid based bowl cleaner? Either way you should rinse it very well.

I would flush the heck out of it with the hose after bowl cleaner.

If you’re fishing the Ohio River I strongly recommend liberal doses of Bass Boat Saver before and after (like at the ramp before the boat drys on the drive home) you run the boat in that river. It forms a nice slick coating that helps get that nasty water line off the boat.

6. Member
    Use to flush my motor with SaniVac after saltwater use back in the day.

Tilex soap and scum remover works great...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    That’s a $hitty cleaner for a boat.

9. Member
    I’ve used it, with good results. Rinse it thoroughly with a hose.
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

10. Member
    Starbrite Instant Hull Cleaner is the best I have ever used. But you have to come behind it with a hose and rinse everything very thoroughly--especially the trailer/anything iron. Most of these types of cleaners are acidic and are fine on gelcoat as long as you really rinse them off well. I go as far as rewashing the boat when I am done. I am always shocked at how much whiter my white boat is after I use Starbrite. I buy it at Academy here in Texas, but I believe I have seen it at WalMart too.

http://www.starbrite.com/item/instant-hull-cleaner

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Soft Scrub will take the stain off the hull.
    I had an oyster white
    Pathfinder as my last boat and that kept it clean.

12. Member
    use bassboat saver and wax 1-2 times per year will keep it white longer and easier

i would wax mine in november and leave the wax on until april almost every year
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Dollar General TB cleaner, deck cleaning brush and rinse. Tannic water stains from gulf waters comes right off. Mold and Mildew remover works well too.

Any of the toilet bowl cleaners are a diluted Muriatic Acid ( Hydrochloric acid ).

They are diluted in the cleaner to about around 9 % strength.

They will take stains out of gelcoat, especially white gel. Won't harm the gelcoat if used as a spray on, wiped down and and hose off. Don't spray it on and let it sit there for a long time.

Commercial hull cleaners like Star Brite are about the same strength of Oxalic Acid, which is a weaker version than Muriatic.

Cover your wheels and trailer when using either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    Starbrite Instant Hull Cleaner is the best I have ever used. But you have to come behind it with a hose and rinse everything very thoroughly--especially the trailer/anything iron. Most of these types of cleaners are acidic and are fine on gelcoat as long as you really rinse them off well. I go as far as rewashing the boat when I am done. I am always shocked at how much whiter my white boat is after I use Starbrite. I buy it at Academy here in Texas, but I believe I have seen it at WalMart too.

http://www.starbrite.com/item/instant-hull-cleaner
    I used this on some stains on my white hull that TB cleaner wouldn't remove. Works GREAT but always make sure you rinse the heck out of it as mentioned. Used rubber kitchen gloves when doing the scrubbing.