Humminbird Mega side imaging is so much better!

NOT!

I had a Humminbird Solix a few years ago with Mega and switched to Lowrance. I sold my boat last week (waiting on new one).

I borrowed a buddy's boat yesterday with a Solix and Mega. I was anxious to compare it to what I've been running and see how much better the side imaging was!

Boy was I disappointed. In under 7-8ft of water, the Mega wouldn't give returns much past 35ft. I could change the frequency and get better distance - but... the Solix was a general pain in the butt - the interface is slow and aggravating. If I can't have Mega imaging at a further distance, there's no way I could put up with the Solix just to use 455.

I wouldn't post this in the HB forum and bash anyone using them, but I can't see myself every switching away from Lowrance.

Haven't heard anyone complain about the Garmins, but I've grown too used to the Lowrance to switch I suppose.

Really hoping Lowrance comes out with something new and awesome at ICAST, but perfectly happy sticking to what's already out if I have to.

My Active Imaging transducer seems to be just as good as the Helix 10 Mega DI+SI I had on my other boat. Now the totalscan transducer sucks in comparison. Im using the 3 n 1 AI with my Carbon 9's
    Last edited by KHNC; 06-29-2022 at 10:26 AM.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!