1022 Simple On And Off Switch

I have a young friend that is installing a 1022 in flat bottom aluminum boat. The black box will be installed in his dry box behind his seat and powered from a open air battery in the back of the boat. The power wire is fused at the battery and he wants to put a simple on and off switch in the dry box. I’m trying to help a young man get started. THANKS

I used a battery disconnect switch. I am thinking I gave something like right $13-14 at Amazon for the disconnect in the picture. I am 100% positive its way over kill. Heck it has enough amp rating that I could hook everything in my boat that runs on 12V power into this switch but all I have on it is a small battery that only has livescope hooked to it. I am positive a switch with a lower power rating will work. Just make sure it has enough amp rating to carry the load of the livescope. I don't have an idea how many amps but I don't think its a big load.

3. Member
    I used a toggle switch with little rubber boot for water proof, that I basically use all the time to cut the thing off at end of day