1995 461VS Seat Removal

For those who have done it, how difficult is the removal and reinstallation of the seats on a 461VS? I want to access the gas tank.

Thanks,

Greg

2. Member
    If it is like mine, the back of the seats lift up and there are screws you remove. Then tilt it up and push forward and it will release. You'll be able to see the gas tanks then.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

3. Member
    I'm not certain the backs of my seats lift up; but, I'll give it a look.

4. Member
    On the backs of the seats there is a panel (not obvious at all). Take a plastic spatula and slide it into what looks like a seam on the sides (not the top of the seat). It is held in place with velcro and with a little prying it will open and flip up. Follow what apenland01 suggest from this point.

5. Member
    Forgot to mention that the back panel goes all the way down to the carpet. Find that bottom edge at the carpet and follow it to the outside edge to locate the corner of the panel. Once the corner is located use the plastic spatula to pry open the back panel along the vertical seam from the velcro.

6. Member
    All,

Thanks for the responses.

I also called the folks at Ranger. My seats are basically bolted from the underside to a removable shell. The shell is held in place with about 12 screws. I've verified this on my boat. I was told it was not that big of a deal to remove the shell with the seats, as well as, reinstall it, too.

I want to give a big thanks to the folks at Ranger. I called, this morning, and left a voice mail with the service department. Not long after that, Joe, a Ranger employee, called me back and patiently answered all my questions.

Thanks again,

Greg