Javelin cornering

Hello all, I have a new to me 2001 Renegade 19 w/ 01 johnson 175 slinging a renegade bass 25p. Boat has a 6in fixed plate. Prop to pad when I got it was 2.5in. I have since lowered it to 3in. Boat runs great 66mph at 5400 in this balmy Florida humidity at 96 degrees. Couple of issues I'm having that I hope someone can help me with is this Boat corners unpredictably. It'll go into a corner with a normal attitude and then without warning it'll slam the rub rail to the water. Feels like the gade prop is biting too hard. It also won't power load on the trailer with the gade, it just stalls the motor. Anyone else experience this?

2. Member
    drop to 3.25 or 3.5 might help do you trim down when turning? loading sound like an engine issue my gade was fine for that. I had a bobs whale tail also which helped loading and reverse
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Yeah I trim down some. I've never had a boat bite this hard. It's rolling up on its side like a slalom ski.

As far as the engine issue it's very possible. It does suffer from heat soak but it can be running good and I never shut it off at the dock while backing the truck down and it still bogs. The motor isn't over trimmed either.

4. Member
    We're you running a weed ring on your gade?

OP, find a good Trophy plus 25 and send it to Marks prop to have him make it like new. Get a Michigan Whell hub kit #200
    You will like the prop and it should perform much better than the Gade.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    So I have my tempest 23 I ran on my 150 xr6 being reworked to a 24 and I have the hub kit from Michigan wheel as well. I'm a big fan of the tempest and put it on this Boat for a test run before it went to the prop shop. Hole shot was great but top end not so much with the 23p.

Those hulls perform overall better with a 4 blade large diameter like a Trophy compared to the Renegade. Been running my R20 since new in 2000 and tried many setups and props. The Trophy plus is it for all around performance. You will hate the 3 blade in rough water because it will lose grip with these hulls. The 4 blade will grip and hold.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    So with the trophy being large diameterdoes it follow the rule of needing to be one inch of pitch lower than the correct 3 blade? So in my case a 23p?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganno595 View Post
    So with the trophy being large diameterdoes it follow the rule of needing to be one inch of pitch lower than the correct 3 blade? So in my case a 23p?
    No, not in my experience.

10. Member
    20220701_204838.jpg

Do you guys think this transducer (this is where it was when I bought the boat) will cause tracking or interference while running? I've always put em on starboard but since it's up on the 3rd step I figure it may not?
    Attached Images Attached Images