Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What is your arch nemesis?

My whole life I have battled with starters and front wheel bearings. It seems that everytime something quits me it's one of the two.
    I had been fighting with a starter on one of my tractors off and on now for a year. It click a few times then start...finally it got progressivly worse. I finally got pissed because it wouldn't start. I came in and ordered another off eBay. No big deal I got another tractor until then. So I jumped on it and the starter just spun and didn't engage. Erg!! Two starters in one day!!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

2. Member
    Ball joints (rough roads around here).

Haven't had a starter go out in the last forty years or so.
    Mine would be low air in tires. Lawn mowers, snow blower, dolly, pressure washer. Seems I always have to fill a tire. I don't care for fix a flat or slime, so I started putting tubes in some.

Left Spindle Motor on my Electric Riding Lawnmower. 35 hours on the mowing deck and this is my third LEFT Spindle Motor. Never an issue with the right motor. The issue is you have to remove a bunch of frame panels to route the connectors from the motor to the electrical board.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

5. Member
    Nemesis? I guess that has to be food. Not a automotive part. Recently diagnosed with high blood sugar and I love sweets! Doing good with it so far. I have a dash to remove on a Tahoe and a pressure line for a rack and pinion steering system waiting on me. I can’t think of anything mechanical that bugs me too much.

6. Member
    Rotors and front bushings on my ‘07 F-150.

7. Member
    Gear wrenches that slip.
    Please release me,let me go.

swimming pool motors! most were farmed out to China and are crap and don't last now. they crap out on the hottest days of the year in groups.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

9. Member
    Nails in tires. I've pulled 4 out of my tires this year alone. I think these building contractors apparently throw leftover nails on the roads around here to get rid of them.

10. Member
    The red drum that spooled me yesterday.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffth View Post
    Nails in tires. I've pulled 4 out of my tires this year alone. I think these building contractors apparently throw leftover nails on the roads around here to get rid of them.
    I hear ya when it rains it pours... had four of mine go last year, same road debris is all I can think of.

12. Member
    Time

Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    My whole life I have battled with starters and front wheel bearings. It seems that everytime something quits me it's one of the two.
    I had been fighting with a starter on one of my tractors off and on now for a year. It click a few times then start...finally it got progressivly worse. I finally got pissed because it wouldn't start. I came in and ordered another off eBay. No big deal I got another tractor until then. So I jumped on it and the starter just spun and didn't engage. Erg!! Two starters in one day!!
    Be absolutely sure the ground connection at both ends is not corroded & tight. Also check to see if your application has a braided ground strap between the frame & engine block. Without a solid ground you’re putting undue strain on the starter. Remove any ground connections and get the contact areas back to shiny bare metal and reassemble. Touch it up with primer to keep future corrosion at bay.
    Ranting incoherently

14. Member
    Getting my roof finished and getting my work shop rebuilt. Have a dutch colonial and the wing roofs on the faces of the sides of the house need to be done. I worked ladders for 40 years but I am not wanting to do a nickle and dime pain in the ass job that would require setting up 15 times for each of the 4 wings. One shingle up the ladder at a time. I bought 3 sections of scaffolding to do the job with my free 1200 stimulus check. 2 moves and done to each wing. I have enough aluminum planks to have a go go dancer on top. My list of jobs before the roof has been putting the project off for a while. Remodeling the kitchen presently. Workshop is quickly becoming a priority. Hope to start in the fall. House is choked full of tools that need a good home.

Then there is a few projects missing a few days work to finish. List is never ending. I am semi retired so I am in no special hurry. 47 years of playing beat the clock. When I go to HD I dread seeing guys stuffing materials in their trucks and speeding away. GF owns the house outright. She did her will last year and neither one of the kids have any attachments to the property. She bought it off her father's estate after he passed. I have no claim to the property so I do what's necessary and whatever else I can squeeze in.

15. Member
    Tires on all things that I own or borrow. Doesn’t matter if they are new or old.

16. Member
    Rocks, small ones hitting windshields causing chips and cracks. I've had to replace 3 windows in the past 6 years and got another chip Saturday coming home from vacation. And they are ALWAYS right in my field of view!!!

17. Banned
    FG knot

18. Member
    Humans

19. Member
    Putting a jig trailer on straight the first time.
    General Manager

PTG Outdoors
    5401 McFarland Blvd.
    Northport, AL 35476
    205-333-1605

My alarm clock at 3:45 am every work day

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast