Ranger 520L jackplate 6'' to 10''

So I have a 2020 520L that was ordered with a 6" Atlas plate due to fitting in a garage. Standard rig comes with a 10" I believe. Im here to tell you there is a big difference, at least on my rig. Called TH marine and got the 4" U spacers and installed them. With the 6" plate you had to leave the plate all the way down or the boat fell on its face. Hole shot was not good and plate had to be all the way down or the prop would blow out. Boat was some what difficult to drive in curves and would hook easily. All that is gone now, it is a totally different rig. Boat lifts, launches and drives as it should. I was amazed. Now guys with experince where should I be on the plate and trim gauge for the max performance. Seemed like somewhere between 8-12 and trimmed to 8-9. I saw 69.7 loaded. Fury 23 B&B Croxton.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

2. Member
    You should try a 12”. I went from a 6” to a 12” when I still had my Yamaha and the boat became a completely different machine. I repowered to a 250merc and the added weight made me a little scared to run 12” setback. I am now running a 8” hydraulic with 2” blocks. 10” is much better than 8” but I wish I would have stuck with the 12”.

Going from 6” to 10” on my 521 was as you described. Just a different boat. I don’t pay much attention to the numbers on mine. I just go by feel. The boat is always changing. Full of fuel and full live wells. Just me in the boat or 3 of us. Let your butt tell you.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Going from 6” to 10” on my 521 was as you described. Just a different boat. I don’t pay much attention to the numbers on mine. I just go by feel. The boat is always changing. Full of fuel and full live wells. Just me in the boat or 3 of us. Let your butt tell you.
    Thats what I have been doing so far.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

5. Member
    I am in the same category i need to check my jack plate to determine what i have and then set up I have 520L and haven't got the 2 hr brake in yet Came from factory like it is. I am interested in your final set up as well .I have Talons hanging off the back as well 12'
    2021 Ranger Z520
    Merc 250 Pro XS