Rear axle tire rubbing fender well on 2016 Z-21

Hey fellow nitro owners, I need some help. Driving home from the lake this past Saturday, I went to accelerate to get on the interstate. I noticed a very noticeable shake on the boat and a drag as if I had a flat tire. I pulled over check everything out and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. About an hour into my drive home, I hit a common dip in the interstate. Looking out my passenger side mirror, I noticed smoke come off my right rear trailer tire. I pulled over to check it out. I noticed I only had about 1/2-3/4 of an inch clearing from my tire to inside of fender well. I limped it on home and pulled the right rear tire off. I noticed the tire was bubbles up and worn really bad. I replaced all four tires with the exact same size. After taking the trailer off the trailer jack, I checked the clearance under the fender well. On the right side I may have 1 1/2-2” of clearing. On the left side I have about 3-3 1/2” of clearing. I looked at the leaf springs on both sides and the look identical. I checked the weld points for cracks and found none. I looked to see if anything was bent or broke from one side to the other and again found nothing out of the ordinary. I measured from the bottom of the middle of the fender well on both sides and they are off by about an inch and a half (lower on the right side). Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Have a blessed evening.

2. Member
    Do you have aftermarket wheels? Assuming fiberglass fenders. I spaced mine up.
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    I assume this is double axle trailer being a Z21. Did you check the shackle connecting the leaf spring to the axle? I have a 2019 Z18 with double axle trailer and had 1 of the rear shackles break off and the other was almost worn through. Replaced with new ones from Tractor Supply

I vote Shackles.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Look at the equalizer from side to side to make sure they are positioned the same....it is possible for them to flip.

6. Member
    i have Z7 on a tandem axle i hit a pothole one day that flipped the shackle on the equalizer and lowered my fender by a lot had to pull it off and reinstall that was 5 years ago