Delete please

@#$$#@@
    Last edited by Brad Jones; 07-05-2022 at 06:34 PM.

2. Member
    I would check the TPS (throttle position sensor). It is a potentiometer that varies a voltage signal to let the ECM (electronic control module) computer know what position the throttle is at. If there is a break along the sweep of the sensors voltage wired things happen at that spot until you get past it or before it. I had one go bad on an Optimax I had once.

3. Member
    That kinda makes sense. They did however check that on the computer and said that it was good, it’s just funny that it doesn’t run bad anywhere else. Everything else is the same, it’s also runs normal if I let off and come off plane and take back off. Seems to happen more when it has sat. I have noticed a strong gas smell when idling, it is not making oil just smells like gas burning in the exhaust.

4. Member
    Fuel tank venting issue. Knowing the rest of the story I would check into that. There have been a few issues come up with this particular engine.

5. Member
    Naaa, didn’t do this 2weeks ago, it’s not the prop either. I’m looking for educated answers from people who have had experience with these motors. I figured there was an expert on here that would offer answers other than the prop or weight or fuel vent issues. The boat has ran perfect up to this point thanks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Naaa, didn’t do this 2weeks ago, it’s not the prop either. I’m looking for educated answers from people who have had experience with these motors. I figured there was an expert on here that would offer answers other than the prop or weight or fuel vent issues. The boat has ran perfect up to this point thanks
    Sounds like you got it all figured out! You do know that fuel tank vents can clog, right? They also need periodic cleaning.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Wow, good luck dude

8. Member
    Moderator please delete. Gonna try venting the gas tank, I believe that will fix it. If that doesn’t work I’ll try a 19 pitch prop, that will surely fix it. Thanks everyone for all your help.