smallmouth fishing Denver area

Is there any good smaillie water around Denver? How about guides? Anyone have a name or two? Thanks
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Member
    Aurora reservoir. I have no clue which lake around Denver is better than another, but I bet most of them have smallmouth.

No recommendations on a guide, but this guy popped up.

https://www.finesseangler.com/

This time of year it isn't hard to catch a smallmouth. Fish from shore with a ned rig or drop shot and you should be good.

Pueblo Reservoir has a good population or smallmouth, but that is south of Denver a bit.

There are 3 major bass clubs in and around Denver. It wouldn't hurt to email them.

3. Member
    Shawn fishes chatfield all the time. I personally don't know him tho. I would just go rent a boat at pueblo and go chuck a green bitsy tube around
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

4. Member
    Not much at all in Denver. Horsetooth in Ft Collins. Pueblo by far best fishing within a couple hundred miles around Denver.

5. Member
    No way I would go to Horsetooth this time of year. It'll be a ZOO! One off... one on... Most days. I know guys that have waited 3 hours in line at the ramp. Plus the fishing sucks!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    No way I would go to Horsetooth this time of year. It'll be a ZOO! One off... one on... Most days. I know guys that have waited 3 hours in line at the ramp. Plus the fishing sucks!
    Why the hell would you sit in that? In a 3 hour drive you can be at a bunch of other lakes without the crowds.

Pueblo is a zoo as well, plus with it being hot the fishing isn't that great. I would go to Trinidad or out of state. maybe john martin if it has water. Chatfield is good except being crowded.
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoBassin View Post
    Pueblo is a zoo as well, plus with it being hot the fishing isn't that great. I would go to Trinidad or out of state. maybe john martin if it has water. Chatfield is good except being crowded.
    I was actually at Pueblo on Saturday and it actually wasn't terribly busy. Fishing did suck though. Take that with a grain of salt though, I had to manage my 3 little boys.